Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 132 reviews
on August 4, 2016
This is one of those movies that is so ridiculous you just have to love it. I remember the first time I watched this as a child and how the WWE (then WWF) rolled this into the Hulk Hogan vs Zeus (Tom "Tiny" Lister Jr.) storyline (think SummerSlam '89). This is one of them movies you could sit and watch with your buddies and a case of beer and just completely ignore the fact of how insanely ridiculous it because it's that awesome (Lugwrench Perkins = Jeep Swenson = the Batman & Robin Bane. I never thought I would live to see the day this came out on DVD either. I always thought I would just have to deal with my terrible VHS to MP4 copy that I made so I could put my VCR away since this was the last VHS tape on the shelf. I'll see teeny wanger's later though, I have a movie to watch.
on May 23, 2017
I first saw this as a kid, when I thought Hulk Hogan was the greatest human being to ever have lived. I recently watched it again, after hearing the episode of "How Did This Get Made?" in which this was the subject. It was even more glorious than I remembered. Just sheer insanity in every frame. Watching Hulk Hogan burst out of the top of a limousine like the Incredible Hulk, the sleazy studio exec hamming it up in true 80's-villian fashion, and Zeus "Tiny" Lister grimacing at the camera made this well worth the price of admission. Rent it, buy it, do what you gotta do, but you have to experience this masterpiece of cinema.
on September 28, 2016
Haven't seen this movie since shortly after it was released in 1989. I remember getting it at Blockbuster (RIP) and watching it several times over before my parents returned it. Hulk Hogan was one of my heroes when I was merely 5/6 years old, and I remember how awesome I thought he was in this movie. Now I realize how cheesy the movie actually was, especially a lot of his grunts and growls haha, but still a classic movie and glad it was re-released on Blu-Ray. Could only find it on DVD years ago so I didn't bother until I looked for this one Blu-Ray again recently. Glad I did!
on June 15, 2017
if you love hulk hogan this is a must watch
if you don't love hulk hogan this is a must watch
on July 12, 2012
I just got done watching this movie, "No Holds Barred" on DVD today. The movie itself is just the fun 80s cheesy stuff that I remembered! However, there are some issues with the DVD release:

First, a bone to pick. HDTVs have been around for awhile. HDMI cables have been around for awhile. So why the hell does Amazon.com and DVD manufacterers 'claim' that the DVDs that they release is 'Subtitled' in English when it is only 'Closed Captioned'. There IS a difference! Closed Caption does NOT work over HDMI cables! I would not have bought the DVD if I had known that it was just 'Closed Captioned' instead of 'Subtitled'. Please quit misleading customers on the subtitle/ closed captioning issue.

Second, This is a cropped "pan & scan" that has been 'reformated' for the widescreen TV. Most of the time, you don't notice it, but there are several scenes where actors' faces and heads get chopped. Why can't they do in DVD what they do to old movied in Blu-Ray such as Wizard of Oz. They show the whole film in its' entirety with vertical black bars on the left and right of the screen. I would be just fine and happy with that. Please quit chopping the films.

Third, There is a wrestling scene in a cage that is missing from the DVD release. Please quit cutting scenes from re-released of movies.
99 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2013
This movie is so awesomely bad that it is just awesome. It will definitely make you laugh until it hurts... Watching "Rip" and "Zeus" duke it out in the ultimate fight is just classic. I was so happy to see that it was finally released on DVD. My wife loves this movie and we used to have it on VHS, but had to ditch those old tapes years ago when we moved cross country. The DVD video quality is actually really good! She thinks they may have changed some of the music, but I can't tell if that's actually true or not
on June 21, 2017
It is too bad we can't see wrestling like this nowadays. I enjoyed it very much.
on September 1, 2007
This could be one of those so bad they are good movies. This is pretty much a very silly film, where no one can act, or I should say, everyone overacts ridiculousy. The story is not too intriguing. Nevertheless, it is No Holds Barred wrestling fun.

No Holds Barred is The Hulkster's first lead in a film. He is "Rip", a character that is very similar to the real life Hulk Hogan. His fights are extremely popular, and the network that carries him has rating overs the top. Naturally, a competing network wants Rip, but he is not interested. In attempt to gain ratings one way or another, the network's owner and 2 of his employees visit a trashy bar, where huge, filthy wrestlers duel out in a no rules ring, where you are lucky if their bodies even stay within the ring. Intrigued by the event, the owner televises a tournament there called "Tough Guy Competition" where anyone with the guts can fight for $100,000. Zeus "Tiny Lister" comes and scares the heck out of everyone, destroying everyone he touches. The network owner is happy, and does what he can, hurting Rip's younger brother and girlfriend to get him to fight Zeus on television. The final fight comes and it is a whopper - lasting about 10 minutes, and truly is a no holds barred spectical.

The movie is rather laughable most of the time, and doesn't take itself seriously. Hulk gets some tender moments in, and while his intentions are good, the acting isn't. Then there's the good ole "what's that smell scene". I coudn't stop laughing it was ridiculous. Zeus is one crazy guy, and spends most of his time grunting, and when he speaks he still grunts. Built like a machine and with a blind eye, he has the look of a villain no less.

There are tons of action throughout the film, whether iy be wrestlers throwin each other around at the bar fights, or Hulk going insane with anger at Zeu's gym tearing up the place. The last fight is worth it all though - its total fun.

So silly of a movie, but sometimes those are the best one's. There aren't really many wrestling movies out there like this, so if you want to see Hulk going all out in a film, this is your best bet. A guilty pleasure all the way.
on March 28, 2017
Love Hulk Hogan. Good movie
on August 19, 2014
This is the best the movie has ever looked or sounded. 5 Stars for the movie, but 1 star for the extras. It was great seeing the matches in HD, but my complaint is that they removed Jesse Ventura's half of the commentary from both matches and also replaced Hogan's "Real American" theme music with generic sounding music.