Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 9, 2017
Donated to my granddaughters 4th grade classroom. She loves them and its working for her class.
on November 9, 2017
I loved the movie and then read the book. Loved it too.
on December 4, 2016
Such a clever plot. My 8 and 11 year-old kids enjoyed the book so much and finished every chapter intrigued to see what the next would reveal.
2 helpful votes
on May 20, 2016
The book was interesting. One of my professor recommended this to me so, I wanted to read for the little time I was wasting everyday. I believe I have used my time generously and liked the author's writing. The style of presentation is outstanding and the language is very simple too. The book arrived on time and the quality of book can not be complained.
on March 4, 2017
The book was great because of how it was organized. This book could have been very boring but the author did a very good job of "spicing thing up"
2 helpful votes
on September 18, 2013
We had seen the movie many years ago and wanted to read the book to fill in (pardon the pun) holes. Excellent read and what a strong friendship that is told. I wish the family angle could have been given more in the movie but its still very good on the film. The movie was good at getting the entire storyline across but the book was like warm cream cheese frosting on a onion cake! You can read or watch the movie in any order - it works. We read the next book also - Small Steps - which takes on another character from Holes to the next level. We will read more books by Louis Sachar - they are so well written for kids!
on January 9, 2017
Great book for tweens and teens.
on September 5, 2016
This is the first book that I've finished reading on kindle, I would recommend this book to people that like adventure and a little bit of mystery. I loved it every time something good in the book happened. I didn't like it when something bad in the book happened. READ THIS BOOK!!!!!
on September 26, 2013
This film is based on a book for middle schoolers or younger by Louis Sachar, but everyone in our family loved it. The bad people are really bad and the good people are mostly in trouble not of their own making. So nice and uncomplicated and such a good story. It is about a boy who is sent to a reform-school-type farm (unjustly, of course) where the evil woman who runs it has the boys digging holes all the time to find treasure. That might not sound like an exciting premise for a story, but, believe me, it is a great story--book or film--both deserve five stars!
on September 1, 2015
I have already rated this book a couple times. I have read this book over five times it just gets better ever time. I love this book, I have also seen the movie like twice, I find the movie amazing too. I will recommend this book to everybody I just love this book. My class have read this book a couple times. It just never gets old. It's just an amazing book in general.