Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on January 23, 2016
I bought this lens because it was cheap. And let me be clear, it works just fine, but not sure it's worth it. The whole thing is plastic (obviously not the lens) but it's really difficult to turn. And a piece of the black plastic came off and now resides in my camera. Thankfully it fell in the view piece so no issues, but unless you need it, skip it.
on June 3, 2016
The images I take match all the samples you see online, but I question how genuine this particular product is. When I received the lens, there was a minimal amount of glue secreted out. When I tried to manually focus, more glue oozed. I'm also certain that the focus on this lens does not actually focus at all. The image I attached shows the focusing options, and how they are printed on a slightly indented portion of the plastic. This is not the case for the lens I bought, where the logos are just printed on.
I do enjoy messing around with the lens, but feel limited and minorly regretful knowing that the lens I bought is likely not even the true DSLR lens.
review image
on March 17, 2012
OK, how much fun is this little toy?? Yes, it is a toy and not a "quality" lens. But, it's fun value is at least 10 times as much as what I paid for it. Creating old-style, soft focus, vignetted photos. A welcome addition to my equipment and I'm sure it will bring me hours of fun and hundreds of great pictures. Seller shipped it quickly, I had it 2 days after I ordered.

Setting it up with my camera (D40x) couldn't have been easier. Take off the lens, snap this one in place, set the camera to Manual and play with the shutter speed. You need to turn the ring on the lens to play with "focus" distance, from about 2 feet through 30 feet (there are 4 pre-set distance settings) and anywhere in between. Easy peasy.
On a clear day, I can keep the ISO at 200 and still maintain a shutter speed of around 125. Not too bad. Although the picture in the view finder is rather dark (due to the small opening in the back of the lens not much light finds its way into the camera).
Keep in mind: due to the sensor factor, the 60mm will translate to 90mm in "real life". So don't expect wide angle shots.

If you like to experiment, get it. It won't break the bank. And if you don't like it (but why wouldn't you???), I'm sure someone else will be happy to take it off your hands.

Only con: like a previous reviewer said, a case would be nice. But then again it's plastic, so little risk of scratching it.
on March 16, 2016
Holga lenses are "fun" to play with, they give unexpected results to otherwise normal photographs!! I have heard of the Holga cameras from my early days of film photography back in the mid to late 90's and now that they have a lens to fit my Nikon DSLR, I am playing around with it more than ever. For the cost, they should be a part of EVERY photographers "bag", they give weird results, fun results, fuzzy results and sometimes unexpected and amazing results!! Give it a try!! It's for any any "aspiring" landscape, out-doorsy, surrealistic photographer!!
on February 11, 2016
it started out fine. I lost the lens cap, and the Holga company could not supply one! OK. Was still OK for another month, then I could not turn the focus ring, so now it is useless, and sits on the shelf. I got 3 months out of it. I had the bright idea of returning it for a replacement, but Amazon says, "No" Figure if you want to spend $10.00 a month for it, it might be a good deal. But, I won't be buying it again.
on September 10, 2014
I love funky alternative photographic processes, but these days it's mostly about the photoshop than the darkroom. However with this spiffy little lens half the work of making your photos funky is done.

It fits well and works well. Makes my Nikon D7100 work like my 1965 Diana.
on January 2, 2014
I believe this lens is well worth the $25. It does require some work to get useable pictures, but once you get it down you'll have a blast. I don't think that this lens is going to see a lot of use, but for the price, why not add it to your collection of lenses?
on March 15, 2014
I bought this lense for my Nikon D3200. The lense does wiggle, not a tight fit like your kit lense.The plastic quality is cheap made in China, but it's $25. You will need plenty of light and time to focus.
on April 8, 2012
So far so good, have used it a few times. Takes some experimenting, but I like the results so far. Very much like a regular holga camera without the expense of film, processing and printing. Worth the cost, but buy it from the US. Took 4 weeks to receive it from Holga Direct.
on March 13, 2012
This lens is a fun little lens to use. It takes a little adjusting to get your exposure correct on some cameras, but really makes an image when you want one that looks old fashioned.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.