BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 28, 2013
First one I got didn't work. Ready light came on, but wouldn't flash either from TEST button or hot-shoe connection to 2 cameras. Luckily Amazon has a killer return policy, so I ordered a 2nd one.

This one works, fairly well. You have to jiggle the on/off switch a bit to get it to turn on, and since there's no power light, you have to listen for the high-pitched squeal which means the cap is charging. I didn't want to send back a 2nd, so I'll keep this one.

Charges fairly quickly for a 1 AA battery flash, about 12 seconds till the Ready light comes on. Flash is bright, and the color filters work great. Not sure on the long-term use of the filters, they're all connected one on top of the other, and held on with a single screw. If they come loose, there's no way to keep them in place. But it looks like it will be good for quite a few uses.

I snapped a few pics on my Lubitel, have to wait till I finish the roll of film and get it processed (ah, the old days). Also fit it on my Nikon D90 and tested the color filters, they work very well for a cheap/little flash. Obviously you won't get any real range out of this, it's good for candids up to about 3m, but that is exactly what it's designed for.

Overall I'll give it 4 stars, mostly based on the price and the "look". It's cheap enough, and matches the cheap-o Holga/Lomo cameras very well.
on June 28, 2015
Awesome little gadget for some cool pictures. Used with 200 speed film and a Holga 135 BC
review image
on July 16, 2012
The idea is fine, but the execution is sketchy. The flash base doesn't really fit well in the Holga's shoe, so every other shot fails to trigger the flash, which leads to wasted film/double exposures constantly. I might not buy this again.
on November 9, 2015
It broke about a week after I received it. :(
it was way beautiful though.
on July 17, 2013
The only part of this flash I dislike is the power button, it's very flimsy and suspect it will be the first to go. Otherwise this is a great flash, works with my DSLR too. Lol
on November 17, 2014
The on/off switch doesn't work. so if you don't want flash you have to remove it, personally I'm okay with that. Seams to be pretty bright.
on November 2, 2014
Seller never answered me about this product that I bought.
Button "Test" It does not work...Care for the price goes bad.
review image
on January 4, 2016
Doesn't stay on camera, easy slides off
on August 8, 2015
Useful during my photography courses.
on August 1, 2011
I got this as a cheap replacement for my ringflash which is a hassle sometimes. The first 10 times or so I fired the flash, it was fine, did exactly what it was supposed to do, and I loved it. Then there was that loud pop (which freaked me out lol) and now it's totally dead. When I bought it there were no reviews so I had no idea, but had I known, I would not have bought this. Either this product line is entirely bad, or at least a good number of them are, because I've been coming across a lot of reviews that say the same thing. Save your $13 or whatever it is and invest in a decent flash that won't die on the first day :P

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.