Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on May 13, 2017
bright lights ..
on October 4, 2013
I was surprised and disappointed to discover the this item was priced at 200% over the retail sales price offered currently at Costco for the same identical C-5 110-LED, 33ft. lights. Wow! Always be sure to check your local retailer before you make your purchase.
on January 13, 2012
These lights are pretty good with well built quality. The light is very bright and they look good. The best thing is that you can connect multiple lights from end to end to cover the whole house and using only one power outlet.
I am giving them 3-stars because I found the exact same lights at my local Target store for half the price+shipping I paid at amazon. Otherwise no complaints about the product.
on December 14, 2010
After reading the mixed reviews on Amazon, I decided to go ahead and purchase these lights anyway. I got four strands and strung them up along my house two weeks ago. Since then it has been very cold and wet, and these lights have taken all the elemental abuse without missing a beat. They are all plugged into one socket on a timer, which hasn't had any shorts or other issues, and so far none of the lights have gone out.

It is true that the blues outshine the rest of the lights, giving an "average" glow somewhere around purple, but this really doesn't matter at all to me.
on December 6, 2014
Although bought for Christmas 2010 they have only been used one year. Took them out for installation this year (2014) and they don't work..... Replaced fuses as suggested in instructions, no joy. I like the lights, nice color and LEDS (I have another set). But if they are this finicky they are hardly worth the high price.
on November 27, 2012
The string of ligts is very showy. However, my reason for purchasing it was to possibly use some of the bulbs as replacement bulbs for the same LED C5 bulbsin my prelit artificial tree. I couldn't find such bulbs in ant store, The bad part is that although they are the same size bulb, The part that gos in the socket is not long enough to make contact and light up. So I plan to use this set as it is intended, a string light decoration.
on November 25, 2010
The new version of these lights apparently has replaced the purple light with an orange one. It changes the whole effect which some people may prefer. I like the purple light effect though that they originally came with...it is a little different and creates a more blue-toned light scene that IMO looks awesome! These are a good medium-sized, steady-burning light strand and they are nice, vibrant colors either way.
on September 12, 2016
Last year after year. Very bright.
on December 15, 2008
I bought these to match the sets that I had purchased previously from Costco (they quickly ran out of these at Costco). The lights look great - they tend towards an overall bluish tone becasue of the violet and blue bulbs. I like the effect, but if you want something brighter there are other manufacturers of LED X-Mas lights that have orange instead of violet bulbs. Quality-wise they worked right out of the box and they include several replacement bulbs of various colors in each package. Great product!
on January 10, 2011
I had general concerns about the color and quality of these lights prior to purchasing them. I tend to read a lot of reviews on almost any purchase that will total greater than $30 and find a lot of information in reading Amazon product reviews.

I must say that the set that I received did not have violet in them (I think orange was in the place of the violet bulb)[Winter '10 Purchase]. This gave a very broad spectrum output rather than something that tended to be overwhelmed by the bluish hue. Most of the LED Christmas lights that I see do not diffuse near as much as their incandescent counterparts, but I am willing to take the sacrifice on a departure from the traditional look for the lower energy consumption.

Doing some back of the envelope math on this particular set of lights, I came to the conclusion that 3-4 years is the break even point between these and a similar set of C-7 incandescent lights. Hopefully they will hold up that long. The quality seemed to be about even with the other brands/models that I browsed through at a local big box store.

I stored them on a hand-wound electrical cord storage reel for the year. I am not sure if that will help with the life.

All things considered; appears to be a good purchase so far.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question