Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on December 22, 2011
This is a battery-operated train as opposed to electric. I purchased an electric train and still can't get it to work. Ordered this train as a backup and it works great. It was extremely easy to put together. The elves pump the see-saw and faces pop up and down in the caboose car. The train plays 3 different Christmas carols and the horn and bells sound very authentic. The quality of the plastic cars is kind of cheap, but being so light may assist it in traveling around the track. The remote control is nice to have. You can turn the noises and music off with the click of a button and just watch the train go around the track if you want (nice feature). I would purchase this train again without reservation.
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
Had to return for refund - locomotive can not even pull itself much less other cars in kit! Don't waste your time and effort. Grandkids very disappointed. Granddad very sorry to have had to put them through this. And yes, we did put new batteries in to see if that was problem. Same results.
on December 22, 2012
Purchased this train to go around my Christmas tree, but it isn't worth more then about $30. In my opinion it is a cheap made train set, not worth the money spent.
on December 3, 2012
We received this train set and set it up under our Christmas tree. Everything works well and I appreciate that it's a little bigger, as it makes it easier to put together. Runs on batteries and has a remote which is great from the couch. Lots of track so we can make it as small or as large as we like.
on January 20, 2016
I really like this train set & it looks great under my tree. One problem I have with it is that the controller for the elf car is attached by wires to the engine, I had to tuck it it into the elf car so it wouldn't drag on the floor and get caught up in anything. Also because of this you can't make the elves dance and spin, you can only do that while the train is sitting still. This takes away some of the fun of the train. The control for that car should be on the remote with the rest of the functions.
on January 9, 2013
great train for the money, has survived toddlers working it and dogs knocking over the cars and stepping on the track so far
on December 13, 2012
Love it! It does make a wierd squeaking noise that I think is because it's plastic tracks - but overall it's perfect! Large train set and enough tracks to fit around our 4 ft tree stand!
on December 29, 2012
looks great but is so light weight that it constantly falls off the tracks. batteries wear out REALLY quickly too. not worth the $100+ price tag.
on January 31, 2013
The train is nice, the elves move, the music is a bit too loud as well as the the movement of the train on the tracks, the batteries run down rather quick, I would have returned it, but the return shipping was too expensive.
on December 17, 2014
If there was a way to give this ZERO stars, it's what I would give it! Possibly the worst train-set ever made! The train doesn't stay on the tracks at all. My kids finally gave up! The track don't hook together properly! Just JUNK! I wouldn't pay $1 for this! Seriously isn't there anything worth buying these days!