Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 27, 2015
Delivered as advertised.
on December 28, 2011
This was a good and varied collection of old TV programs with a holiday theme. Some are the ever popular ones such as Beverly Hillbillies and The Nelson Family, but there were several shows I had forgotten all about. The quality of story and clarity is just so-so for some but the bargain price made it perfect. And who would suspect that Dragnet actually had Christmas-themed
episodes- " Just the facts, Ma'am ".
on January 5, 2017
Thank you for your prompt delivery. We all loved watching over the Christmas Holidays. Have a great year. Sincerely, Elaine.
on January 18, 2009
There are so many episodes on this DVD we still haven't seen them all. If you grew up in the 50's and 60's you will remember some of these shows and commercials. We really enjoyed taking a little step back in time. The video quality of some of these episodes is a little rough or I would have given it 5 stars.
0Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 6, 2015
A very good collection of discs. Considering the age and the rarity of the masters and kinescopes involved, it is very watchable on all levels. Some great old television from the fifties and sixties!
HALL OF FAMEon October 3, 2010
I picked up this set recently. Reading the previous reviews I wasn't expecting much in terms of overall picture/sound quality (these are all TV episodes that have fallen into public domain limbo and many are available from multiple cheapo DVD outlets); nevertheless I was quite pleased with the complete package.

Annie Van Auken has already outlined the contents of the set, so there's no need for me to repeat any of that here; but needless to say that if you're a classic TV buff, there's plenty to be enjoyed. I particularly appreciate the episode from Peter Lawford's short-lived sitcom DEAR PHOEBE (which seemed like it was quite the charmer), and Betty White's one-season wonder A DATE WITH THE ANGELS (Critic's Choice released a DVD with four other episodes from this show a while back, but it's hard to find now). The Christmas episode of A DATE WITH THE ANGELS ("Santa's Helper") includes lots of sponsorship material from Plymouth, too!

Aside from a strange "video calibration" message flashing up during the final part of the GEORGE BURNS & GRACIE ALLEN SHOW episode, I couldn't find much that's technically wrong with this set. Regular buyers of public domain TV stuff from Alpha, etc., will be familiar with the standard of picture and sound quality encountered here.

The addition of a "virtual fireplace" on the first disc is a cute touch. Nice for the price.
on January 14, 2013
A lot of the reviews I read said the sound and picture quality were poor. Well guess what. THATS HOW THE QUALITY WAS BACK IN THE DAY! I enjoyed the poor quality of some of the episodes. It brought me back in time to before my time
on December 26, 2014
Very poor video quality on most of the shows, for the price, I still paid too much for this video.
on June 4, 2016
The quality of the VDO is not that great but the laughs are better than ever.
on December 17, 2009
For the price of $13 getting 21 hours of classic holiday TV viewing is pretty good. Yeah, one could complain that the mostly B/W shows are hazy and grainy and sometime skip, though I kind of take that as being part of the charm of this wonderful collection. Since I was born in 1957 I only had some vague memories of some of these shows... some I never even heard of! In particular, I enjoyed the 5 Christmas episodes of "Ozzie & Harriet" and all jokes aside, I can really see WHY this was such a popular show for so many years, I mean who wouldn't want to have them as your parents! (Plus David and Ricky - those lips! - are HOT! LOL and in some of the shows you hear Ricky sing, and no doubt gave Elvis a run for his money back then?) I also enjoyed the two Liberace programs (Thanksgiving and Christmas) along with the Betty White (pre-'Golden Girls') sitcom. And you also get a virtual fireplace - so it loops ever 5 minutes! LOL... what's even more funny is that if you turn up the volume of the fireplace segment and listen carefully you can hear a dog barking throughout very faintly! LOL So this is fun collection... And I look forward to their doing a followup collection soon.