- Audio CD (November 6, 2001)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: EP
- Label: Restless Records
- ASIN: B00005QXD4
- Average Customer Review: 3.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #274,353 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
All are done in TMBG's signature style, and have happy sing-along goodness for all your festive occasions.
1. Santa Claus -- This track was recorded specifically for the EP. It's a cover of a '60s song by The Sonics (whose version I've never heard). A good, simple rocker that asks that all-important question, "What are you going to bring me, Santa?" (In this case, it seems that the answer is "Nothing.")
2. Santa's Beard -- The earliest track on the EP, this appeared on TMBG's "Lincoln" album. It's the only song here to have actually been released on a TMBG album. Another rocking track involving Santa Claus, this time it seems that the jolly old fellow has a little something going on with the singer's wife, much to the singer's dismay.
3. Feast Of Lights -- This song had appeared on a compilation of Hanukkah songs (not all by TMBG), and is one of the only two songs here that are sung by Mr. Linnell. I think this is the most touching song on the EP. About a guy who only gets together with whomever he's singing to on the last day of Hanukkah, and who is imploring her(?) to behave her(?)self and not fight with him this time. This song actually kind of tugs at the old heartstrings. The lovely, simple instrumentation suits the song perfectly.
4. Careless Santa -- Yet another "Santa" song, this one appeared on the first album by Mr. Flansburgh's side project, Mono Puff. Once again, the guy in red is causing problems for the singer. (It seems that Santa gives Flans no end of trouble!Read more ›
1. Santa Claus = Worth Buying. It's a totally new song (well, it's a cover from several decades ago, but you know what I mean). It's not one of their most exciting ones, and it's a LITTLE bit repetitive at times, but it's worth a buck.
2. Santa's Beard = Don't Buy. You already own this song. If you don't, then go buy Lincoln. Seriously. Buy it NOW. Freakin' great album.
3. Feast of Lights = Worth Buying. This is the best new song on this EP. Of course, if you own Festival of Light 2, you have this already -- but if you don't, I'd recommend just buying this MP3. In my opinion, it's not worth picking up Festival of Light 2 as a whole album if you're really just a TMBG fan. If you only have one dollar to spend, spend it here.
4. Careless Santa = Don't Buy. You probably already own this song, and if you don't, you should just grab Mono Puff's debut album Unsupervised and then you WILL own it. Seriously, if you're a TMBG fan who hasn't picked up any Mono Puff, you're really missing out.
5. O Tannenbaum = Don't Buy. Okay, yes, this is a new song. But it's also just "O Tannenbaum," which you probably know better as "Oh Christmas Tree." Yeah, that song.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's one thing for a CD like this to be short--obviously one look at the tracklist and you know that you're buying a special edition CD that won't have a full-length album on it. Read morePublished on January 6, 2008 by Russell Burlingame
This is a fun, but short, compilation of They Might Be Giants holiday songs. I like all the songs here, but some people might feel that it's overpriced (at ten bucks for five... Read morePublished on December 11, 2004 by Johnny Heering
This EP came as part of a bundle off TMBG's official site, so I can't complain about its price. Anyway, I'm a fairly new fan of TMBG, having just recently made my first purchase:... Read morePublished on December 3, 2002 by Devin DiMattia