Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on August 3, 2013
There's something highly watchable about a crazy Kevin Bacon. His demeanour in this film is generally a bit creepy, and it's great to see him evolve into a cold-blooded killer throughout the film. Great special effects for its day and I loved how they focused a lot on the science of invisibility.

I'm not a fan of Josh Brolin, I found his character annoying, but his presence was necessary for the final battle between Bacon and Shue. Elizabeth Shue's character was semi-Ripley in nature; strong, independent, intelligent and has a killer instinct. She's almost the ultimate character (though, she was highly feminised at times). The special effects were great, particularly the parts where Bacon is burnt to a crisp (no pun intended) and we see his quasi-invisible scabbed flesh. Awesome!

This film is definitely worth owning, it never gets boring, and because I don't like Brolin, it's good to see him get his butt whooped!
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 21, 2017
I'm not into syfy but I like the actors in this and the story line though an old one was treated rather well and the special effects were far beyond what I had expected.
on April 4, 2016
In this Paul Verhoeven(director of Robocop, Total Recall, Basic Instinct, and Starship Troopers) film, scientist have found a way to make living things invisible, but when Kevin Bacon becomes the first human to test on himself, he goes mad and crazy. The director's cut is way different then the original. Because it includes scenes that weren't in the film including the scene where Kevin Bacon rapes his neighbor, who he spies on everytime. I gotta say, its a very frighten him, you just don't know whose watching you, even if the person who is watching you is invisible.
on March 13, 2017
Great movie
on December 7, 2017
Really great Sci-Fi movie starring Kevin Bacon, Elisabeth Shue, and Josh Brolin. me and my mom loved this movie from start to finish.
on December 27, 2017
awful movie
on January 8, 2001
the negative reviews and comments, I decided to rent this DVD rather than purchase. It took me a long time to get through the film because I kept going back to see and hear moments over again. As they say in the current vernacular, it's eye candy (also ear candy for me!) Just when I think I have seen everything, along comes a video transfer that is simply terrific. The picture and sound quality are top-notch, and I don't believe anyone meant this to be a "thinker's" film -- not with all the tremendous special effects. Bringing on invisibility and the opposite!! I was thoroughly entertained and satisfied with the entire movie. Really enjoyed the invisible gorilla and dog, and thought any climax would be anti-climactic, but not so -- although predictable, it is very exciting and I have ordered my copy from .... and so, months later, I still find this movie fun--often watch it in bits and pieces I like. Even have the Superbit version as well!
on September 22, 2016
This ahs great acting by Elizabeth Shue and Kevin Bacon! It has great twists and turns your not expecting and was a good sit.
on December 9, 2017
Great price. Arrived in great condition.
on August 26, 2014
A miss understood film that should be given more credit.