Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 51-60 of 285 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 326 reviews
on October 11, 2013
If you are ever in need of explanations during a Bible study, this is quite informational to have nearby. I gave one for a graduation present, and it was appreciated. I have one of these, and use it frequently. I wish I had this years ago.
on April 7, 2017
A great resource for studying God's Word!
on March 27, 2007
this was recommended by my pastor. i bought it for a friend's birthday and he loves it! i loved it too and thought about buying one for myself! the pictures are lovely and it has everything you can possibly want to know inside. it is a helpful guide to studying the bible!
on June 3, 2015
Great study information, but does not have page numbers. This makes it very difficult to look up referenced words in my Sunday School literature.
on October 29, 2009
I've had this Bible Dictionary for about 3 weeks now and am very pleased with it. I also have an older Smith's Dictionary and it has it's purpose in my study time but the Holman's Dictionary is full of clear color pictures, nice pages, detailed and full of facts about different places, people and events that I had no knowledge of previously. To date, and I have not gone over the book page by page, but I have not found any grammatical errors. The book itself is made of higher than average paper materials and I highly reccommend this book as an added study tool to reading the Bible.
on October 26, 2016
This book has been great for my studies! I bought it for my Biblical Hermeneutics class and it has been so helpful.
on March 27, 2014
I totally love the this book! I find myself reading it often even when I am not having to use it. Very informative and educational...the time lines in the book are also a big help too me. I would suggest this book to anyone who loves to study the Bible or just wants to get a better understanding of word usage in the Holy word.
on May 12, 2015
Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary is proving to be a very needed addition to my study library. I receive this book as described.The book is colorful and the content within the book further depicts it value. I will use this seller again.
on November 7, 2013
Very up to date Bible Dictionary published in 2003. Contains numerous charts & maps for additional helps within the dictionary.

Has been used by various Bible Scholars within Seminaries & Christian publishers.

This used edition was in Excellent Condition. Thankful to be able to locate it & receive it very quickly.

RFH
on July 22, 2011
Unfortunately Amazon included all of the hardback reviews in the Kindle section. All of these glowing reports omit the fact that navigation in the kindle version is very difficult. the Table of Contents takes you only to the first letter of the word you are seeking, after that its "scroll baby scroll". The search function does not take you to the primary topic entry, but rather to each occurance of the word or part of the word. EXAMPLE, when I entered the word "cross", 245 entries came up, only one of which was the topic heading for "Cross". I was taken to the name of one of the authors (Diane Cross), every instance in which there was a "crossing" of a river. I was eventually able to find the primary topic on my IPad version by extensive scrolling, the process takes much longer on my Kindle device. Amazon or publisher, whichever is to blame, please limit the contents of the Kindle reviews to the Kindle version. If I want to know the evaluation of the book proper, I can always go to the hardback section. On an electronic device, navigation is everything - lack of proper navigation makes a reference book worthless.
55 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse