Customer Reviews: Holmes HTF3210A-STU 32" Tower Fan
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 $25 Back with $50 Purchase Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Cycling on Amazon Save on select ClickTight convertible car seats

on June 21, 2012
I love this fan, it moves a surprising amount of air(I almost never need to turn it up above a 1)and while I have several fans around the house (no AC) this one out-performs them all. I use this fan daily in the summer(this will be the second summer) and it still works like new.

This fan is a 5-star fan in cooling ability and craftsmanship. However it looses a star for having a really annoying beep anytime you push one of the buttons. Who needs such a loud beep? You get used to it but it can still wake up someone sleeping nearby.

To fit in the box the base comes in two pieces and you just snap them together. I found it fairly simple but it's worth noting that there is a tiny bit of assembly required.
on May 13, 2013
after unpacking fan and installing base i plugged it in and ther was a rubbing noise when the fan turned being a rather handy person i disassembled the front cover and found the top bearing had been dislodged i fixed this bearing into the position it was supposed to be in and the fan ran fine and quietly Chuck
on May 21, 2015
This fan is a great option for cooling off without having to crank up the A/C. I purchased it to use in a room I built in my garage for times when the A/C coming from the inside of the house was not enough and it does a wonderful job. I don't need to use it in anything but the lowest setting, which is enough for me, but if there are more people in the room I put it on a higher setting and set it to rotate, which comes in very handy. It is not too loud and has not given me any problems at all.
My only gripe about it, and the one that prompted me to write this review, unfortunately, is the super loud beep sound every time you press a button. It is especially annoying when you want to turn it off. It requires 3 presses of a button to go from lowest setting to off, and each press generates a very loud beep, finishing with a longer, just as loud, one. Why the need to beep? At least there should be an option to turn the beep off. It is so loud that it will wake anybody up in the room. Bad design choice, in my opinion. I would give it 5 stars if it weren't for that, which is a big deal for me and the use I give it.
on December 10, 2013
Perfect fan for a medium sized room. Vertical fan is very quiet when running. Gentle breeze rather than maelstrom. Fabulous price.
on August 3, 2012
The fan worked flawlessly for about 3 months. Then it began to have an issue; the fan would take about five minutes before the blades actually spun at the appropriate speed. The length of time it required to warm up increased, sometimes taking an over an hour. I decided to take it apart. After removing some hair, dust, and dirt (not very much) I reassembled the fan and it seemed to work like new. Now, 5 months later, it started acting up again and after a week it stopped spinning altogether. Attempting cleaning again, but to no avail. DEAD.

TLDR: Worked well for a few months, then had to disassemble and clean. Worked OK for a few more months, now its DEAD. Less than 1 year of use.
on August 9, 2012
I bought this fan to help cool off a loft. It does that job reasonably well even at the lowest speed. It's very quiet at low speeds and still not too noisy at higher speeds. It oscillates across about a 90° arc. All pretty much what I expect from a fan. It also has some unexpected features that I hardly ever use, like a timer and a breeze feature that randomly varies the fan speed in an attempt to mimic the variations in a natural breeze. I've had it for about a year and a half as of this writing and it works fine. If that were all there was to say, this would be a 5 star review.

Unfortunately, there are two drawbacks. First, each button press results in a really loud and unpleasant beep as feedback, and when you reach the off setting the normal beep is followed by a longer one. It might be more tolerable if the volume were much lower. But really, button presses are clear from tactile feedback, so no beep is necessary and would make the fan much more enjoyable. As it is, you can't really make any adjustments without disturbing whatever else is going on in the room, be it watching a movie, taking a nap, or concentrating on work.

Second, my fan occasionally wobbles on its base as it oscillates. It will turn smoothly if some downward pressure is applied to the fan, but otherwise every so often it will wobble or stutter. At first I thought the base was not screwed on tightly enough, but that wasn't the problem.

Holmes appears to have discontinued this model. It is no longer listed on their website.
on August 22, 2013
Just what we wanted and it is perfect for our needs.
Not sure Why others say the BEEP when shutting off is a problem.
Its just a second of a louder beep when shutting off
on November 11, 2014
Excellent product. Uses very little space. Quiet when running.
on July 24, 2014
Arrived quickly. Plan on buying another unit. Great value!
on August 15, 2014
Love it works very well!