The battle of survival against the invading aliens heats up...but Hell Squad never quits.
General Adam Holmes' life is dedicated to keeping his small band of survivors alive. On the run, with only Hell Squad and the other soldiers for protection, they are making their last dangerous drive to the secret stronghold of the Enclave. But there are a lot of aliens between them and their destination, and the survivors are tired, worn, and at the end of their limits. Adam feels the pressure dragging him down, but as their leader, he can't be their friend and he can't dump his burden on anyone else.
Long before the alien invasion, Liberty Lawler survived her own personal hell. Since then, she's vowed to enjoy everything life has to offer and she's managed to do that, even in the middle of an apocalypse. She does what she can to help the survivors in her convoy, but one man holds himself apart, working tirelessly for them all. Liberty can see Adam is at his breaking point and she vows to tear through his rigid control and save him from himself.
But the aliens are throwing everything they have at the humans, trying to stop them from reaching the Enclave. Adam will find his resolve tested and the pressure higher than ever. But it will be one beautiful woman--one who won't take no for an answer and who worms under his skin--who can save them all and give him the strength to go on.Note to readers:
This sci fi romance contains a lot of action (think invading aliens, vicious creatures and dangerous missions), tough warriors (the sexy, battle-hardened soldiers of Hell Squad) and a steamy romance (lots of sexy times between a fearless general and a determined, headstrong blonde). So if you like it fast, and gritty, and sexy, this is for you!
Includes a preview of Among Galactic Ruins, first book in the Phoenix Adventures.
___________________________________________________Q & A with the AuthorQ
- How would you describe the Hell Squad series?A
- Tough, alpha soldiers battling invading aliens. Hell Squad is science fiction romance with a dose of post-apocalyptic grit and a serve of military romance. There is lots of action, adventure and romance. But even in the middle of a fight for survival, the series is focused on hope, friends, family and love. Hell Squad has been one of my bestselling series and I'm thrilled the Hell Squad gang have so many fans.Q
- Why did you want to write the series?A
- I love action, adventure and romance. And I love science fiction romance and all the endless possibilities. I also wanted to write something that was a little darker and grittier than my more adventure-filled series, the Phoenix Adventures. Then I had this image of a former society party girl wearing fatigues squaring off with a scarred, battle-hardened soldier and Hell Squad was born. I'd intended it to be a single story...but the Hell Squad soldiers had other ideas and literally came to life as I wrote the first book!Q - What order should I read the books in?Q
- What order should I read the books in?A
- All the Hell Squad books have stand-alone romances in them but the action arc of the invading aliens grows with each book. Many readers have entered the series with later books and they haven't been lost, but, characters from the early stories do appear in later books and I really think it adds something to the reading experience to read them in order. Here's the order I suggest:
- Ash (coming soon)
: I'm passionate about all things action romance. I love stories that combine the thrill of falling in love with the excitement of action, danger and adventure. I write about people overcoming unbeatable odds and achieving seemingly impossible goals. I like to believe it's possible for all of us to do the same.The Hell Squad Science Fiction Romance Series:
- Science Fiction Romance
- Action Adventure Romance
- Post-apocalyptic Romance