Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 1, 2018
For the price, I suppose it's okay. My Ruger SR9C does fit perfectly and the adjustable Velcro strap is very nice. I do also like the extra sleeve in front that holds an extra magazine. I have no trouble storing either my 10 or 17-round magazine there.

My big complaint, however, is a real deal breaker. It is incredibly difficult to wear. There are two issues at play here.

First of all, I tried to use the included metal clip to simply clip the holster to my belt. The metal is so rigid that sliding it onto a belt is, at a minimum, a two-handed affair. You need to pull the two sides of the clip apart in order to clip it on. This is, obviously, pretty difficult to do, especially if you're also wearing the belt at the time. Removing the holster is also an absolute chore. While I appreciate the safety measure of ensuring it can't just fall off or be torn off by an assailant, it should not require 3 hands to remove.

Fed up with the metal clip, I decided to try feeding my belt through the loop in the holster instead (which, kudos to the manufacturer for providing multiple ambidextrous ways to attach the holster), but this was a horrible idea. The belt loop is so wide and so loose that the holster slides all over the place. Often, the holster will tilt forward or backward, allowing the gun to fall out unless the snap strap is closed. That is not a safe scenario in any way!

Overall, just a very uncomfortable and frustrating holster for this first-time gun owner.
on July 9, 2015
For the money I feel that this is the best open carry holster on the market. I purchased it for my Ruger SR9C and it fits that pistol perfectly. This is my second purchase of the same model as I have another one that I got for my Bersa Thunder and that pistol also fits nicely in this model holster. The top safe and secure strap is adjustable via Velcro and if removed the SR9C fits well enough that you need not be concerned about it being secure in the holster. I also find the mag pocket very safe, convenient and unobtrusive for that 2nd magazine. One final note is that I personally do not use the metal clip to attach the holster to my belt. I've removed the clip and slip my belt through the 3 inch wide, 2 inch high belt loop. For me that works best.
|0Comment|Report abuse
This is a fine on-the-hip holster for the Ruger SR9c or SR40c. These two pistols have essentially identical dimensions. My SR40c is equipped with a Crimson Trace Rail Master rail-mounted laser, and this holster fits it fine. This holster is reversible such that it can be worn on the right or left hip. The holster also has a forward flap such that one spare magazine can be secured in the holster, which is a nice touch. A good holster and good value. RJB.
7 people found this helpful
on April 3, 2013
Holster is fairly comfortable and stays pretty tight to the waist if you loop your belt through it. the clip to clip it on your belt allows the holster to move too much and feels really loose.

extra mag storage fits both my full size 17RD mag and my compact 10RD mag with no problem.

gun is held securely in holster but is able to be pulled out with ease.
on September 27, 2012
Ruger SR9c fits great. I'm left handed, so having the ability to switch the belt clip for left handed wear was a selling point. Took a few minutes to get the belt clip switched and the velcro straps adjusted, but overall a nice set-up. The magazine pouch on front of holster will hold either the 10 round or 17 round magazine.
8 people found this helpful
on February 17, 2012
Holster does the job! Description says that molds itself to the gun but this is only while it's holstered. This holster is also roomy enough for my Crimson Trace Laser that's mounted to my gun. Finding a holster that's specifically made to accommodate it is next to impossible. Also tried using this as a pocket holster (with no extra clip stored), which the holster isn't made for, may work for you depending on the size of your pocket.
8 people found this helpful
on July 17, 2013
I wanted a holster not so much for wearing but to hold my gun when I put it in a duffle bag or the console of my truck. This holster is perfect for that application. My Ruger SR9C as well as my Glock 19 fit like a glove. The Velcro straps hold the gun securely. The straps on the sides are adjustable and can be removed entirely. The strap on the top that covers the magazine holder is not removable. Fit and finish are good. The holster is a little large for carrying on a belt but would be fine for wearing around the range. Definitely not a conceal carry holster. Good value for $20.
on February 8, 2013
This may fit some guns better than others. I have a Ruger SR9c with a Crimson Trace laser and it fits in it OK, just seems a little bigger than it should be for wearing, especially with the added clip pocket on the end of it. But for protecting the gun is works fine. Not something I would buy again, but that is more of my application, not the product.
on October 21, 2016
Worked okay. Would not recommend for hip carry. Better for a tactical setup then concealed carry.
One person found this helpful
on January 1, 2016
Awesome well made holster. Fits my Ruger SR9C perfectly. Love the extra clip pocket. The clip fits perfectly on my tiny belts. As a smaller stature woman I prefer the actual belt loop instead of the clip for my belt.