- Paperback: 362 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (January 10, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1542448980
- ISBN-13: 978-1542448987
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.8 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 138 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#659,705 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #4 in Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Newspapers & Magazines
- #6 in Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Children's Literature
- #11 in Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Bibliographies & Indexes > Business
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Holy Grail of Book Launching: Secrets from a bestselling author and friends. Ultimate Publishing Companion and step-by-step guide. Paperback – Large Print, January 10, 2017
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
THE ULTIMATE SELF-PUBLISHING BOOK
This is, without doubt, one of the most comprehensive resources that I have ever read on self-publishing. It is chocked full of easy to follow instructions and the latest information for getting your book launch to go smoothly. It pulls back the curtain on the launch process and reveals tons of helpful resources all together in the one place. What a great book for writers!
Mimi removes the stress from publishing by taking us by the hand and guiding us with her own experiences as a best selling author.
Specific instructions on the entire self-publishing process, up to date information and a multitude of extra resources ensure that this easy to follow book is a must for all writers.
Highly recommended! Amazon Customer
THE ALMANAC of BOOK LAUNCHING
I expect if I can do 25% of what is in this book, I will be successful. This is a must have for any authors bookshelf. by Ray Brehm
From the Author
I had FUN writing this book and I sure hope that you'll have FUN publishing your book. Select to do the parts that you find enjoyable and find helpers to do the parts that do not appeal to you so much.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In the info graphics of launching and Social Media. Mimi walks us through the steps she uses to set her book up for success from the beginning. She crates a landing page for her book, Tweets it out, posts on FB, and puts it up on her website for readers/authors to check out. Building buzz in this initial stage is essential.
The first part of the book is volume 1 and contains everything Mimi uses to promote and share the content of her book before it is launched. Mimi shares her 10-step marketing plan, where to get a free landing page at Booklaunchio, and to make your own info graphics at Canva outlines here step-by-step plan for launching the book and the promo sites she uses for this that include the best promo sites for getting the word out there and attracting buyers. There are links and resources here that the author use sth promote her books to a massive audience. She has done all the work by providing the links straight up so authors don’t have to waste time scrolling through websites or “guessing” what needs to be done next. I also love the cheat sheet she has provided as well as other amazing resources such as a list of the 200 Free FB groups and a list of promo sites to use according to the Alexa ranking. This makes using the material possible during the launch.
Volume 2 of the HGoBL takes authors into more great material with the 5 steps to a Successful launch. In this section Mimi covers the topics vital to telling your story as an author.
1. Writing a proposal for your book
2. Creating structure for your book: this includes formatting, getting feedback and sending the book to beta readers
3. Building a support team
4. Get reviews on Amazon: Mimi provides lots of great tips and strategies here for reviews, what to do and what NOT to do on Amazon.
5. Social Media connections and finding the right fit for your market
6. How to get a bestselling banner on Amazon;
7. Finding the right categories
8. Figuring out keywords
9. Sharing blog posts to the BIG 5
10. How to set up promotions
11. Loads of LINKS for RSOURCES. This book is stacked with links that is going to save you hundreds of hours!
VOLUME 3: THE EXTRA AWESOME SAUCE
Volume 3 is fantastic. But as Mimi states from the beginning, this chapter is not essential for a successful launch and only needs to be read if you want to make money from a bestselling book. In volume 3 she covers the products and services that one can offer in order to upsell a product at the end of the book or lead the reader into a series of automated emails after they have signed up via a lead magnet. Yes, this chapter gets heavy so unless you want to take your book to the next level, it may not be necessary.
There are some great resources listed in this section, beginning with an introduction to Kindle Scout. I didn’t know about this fantastic platform and it looks like it could be worth a try. Also strategies [Via Michael Hyatt’s blog] on how to launch a bestselling book. She also includes several interviews with best-selling authorpreneurs that are doing things right in the publishing world. Again, Volume 3 is packed solid with enough actionable content that you can get to work and start making your book and brand into a real business.
So what is the real deal with “The Holy Grail of Book Launching?"
It’s a solid read with no fluff and just great stuff. You will get your book off and running, published, promote the heck out of it and with all the tips, strategies, links and a pile of resources at your disposal in this book, you can’t go wrong. Mimi knows how to support authors, and she is a maser when it comes to the publishing business. A DEFINITE must-have if you are getting ready to launch your next book!
2. She provides a five-week long calendar showing what to do each day for a book launch or regular book promo.
3. It’s much more detailed than her 30 Day Launch book, which I couldn’t finish because it was so disorganized and lacking in detail.
4. She helped me to see why the sales of my books have been so lackluster. I know her tips are going to really ramp up my self-publishing income!
5. I liked the inspiring stories in the third part of the book.
The bad: 1. It’s still pretty disorganized. If I were writing it, I would have the first part be a detailed description of the basics of publishing to Kindle, geared toward newbies. And in the intro I would say, “If you’ve already published to Kindle, feel free to move to Part 2.” Then I would have the second part be the detailed description of how to launch a book and do ongoing promos.
2. Repetitive. One reason for this is that Mimi repeats some of the same launch/promo info in both parts 1 and 2. Another reason is that she repeats links, instead of simply housing all of them at the end of each book part, or at the very end of the book in a chapter entitled “Resources.” All the links scattered throughout make it a lot choppier to read.
The ugly: The launch and promo calendars as graphic images on my Kindle! Instead of saying, “These probably won’t show up well, so go to my website and download them,” she could just write out what to do each day in a text format, such as “Day 1: Book promo with X book promo website for Day 25, which is the first day of 2-day free promo.” Sure, it would add a lot more pages to her book, but it would be readable right there on my Kindle (reading too much from a computer is literally painful for me).
To sum: not the most organized book, but very helpful. I recommend this to any newbie Indie author, or any Indie authors who have seen their income plummet and can’t figure out what they did/are doing wrong, and want to see their income boost again.
Most recent customer reviews
- writing is all over the place
- writing is repetitive
- poor formatting
- no table of contents