- Save 20% on 2PCs Lipo Battery when you purchase 1 or more Holy Stone HS170G Night Elven Drone offered by Holy Stone. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code YSBTXVRF. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on Original Motors for HS170G when you purchase 1 or more Holy Stone HS170G Night Elven Drone offered by Holy Stone. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code OEL5GV2N. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on Blades Propellers(20 Pieces) for HS170G when you purchase 1 or more Holy Stone HS170G Night Elven Drone offered by Holy Stone. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code O6N8K885. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on 5 in 1 Battery Charger when you purchase 1 or more Holy Stone HS170G Night Elven Drone offered by Holy Stone. Select "Add both to Cart" to automatically apply promo code DJ6TXQBY. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Amazon Business : For business-only pricing, quantity discounts and FREE Shipping. Register a free business account
Holy Stone HS170G Night Elven Mini RC Quadcopter Drone with Altitude Hold Function, Headless Mode, 3D Flips, One Key Engine Start Emergency Stop
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Altitude Hold Function: Powerful air pressure altitude hold function allows you to release the throttle stick and the drone will keep hovering at the current height.
- Good Training Drone for Beginners: This drone adopts 2.4G 6 Axis Gyro Tech. There will be less interference, more stability, and easy maneuverability.
- Headless Mode: The function will orient your drone according to your controller, making flying and control easier. No worry being confused with the drone’s direction when it flies far away.
- 3D Flips or Rolls: Be boring with normal flying method? The copter with small but flexible body can flip towards any direction you want such as front, back, left and right by clicking this button.
- More Surprising Info: Stream-lined Body can reduce the wind resistance; Four Gorgeous LED Light make it easier to keep track of the drone at night; Left and Right Control Modes, 3 Speed Modes suitable for many fliers.
Inspire a love of reading with Prime Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Prime Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Featured items you may like
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Holy Stone HS170G Night Elven Mini RC Quadcopter Drone with Altitude Hold Function (Upgraded) Headless Mode 3D Flips One Key Engine Start Emergency Stop
- - Altitude Hold Function (Upgraded)
- - Headless mode
- - 3D Flips
- - Emergency Stop
- - One Key Engine Start/Landing
- - Left and Right Control Modes
- - 3 Speed Modes
- - Bright LED Light
- - Ready to Fly, No Assembly Required after installing batteries
- - Easy to control for Beginners intermediates and Experts
Take a 10 minute cool down break between flights to ensure your parts last as long as possible. Stop the drone immediately once the drone get struck or crashed.
- Gyro: 6 Axis (No FAA Registration Required）
- Playing Time: 6-8mins
- Charging Time: about 60-80mins
- Transmitter Operation Range: about 30-50meters
- Drone Weight: 35.7g / 1.3oz (with battery)
- Drone Dimensions: 5.2 * 1.6 * 5.2 inches
- Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Channel: 4 Channel
One Key Start/Landing
To make the drone's engine and motors start by simply pressing this button, which will provide a safer flight especially for beginners and children. Then push up the throttle stick to let the drone take off according to your flying skill. Press it again, the drone will land steadily.
The quick and sensitive roll movement let you feel coolst.
Outstanding invention of the curvilinear radian shape combined with smooth surface for hand-hold feeling. Clean and concise design with black and grey and few buttons can realize all functions the drone has
What is included
- 1 x HS170G Quadcopter (Red)
- 1 x Transmitter (4 AA batteries are not included)
- 1 x 3.7V 350mAh Lithium Battery
- 4 x Spare Propellers
- 1 x USB Charging Connector
- 1 x Propellers Spanner
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x User Manual
- Power on the drone and transmitter. Pair the drone.
- Push both joysticks to the bottom left to calibrate the gyro.
- Press Start button, propellers will start spinning.
How to Charge Battery：
- Connect the battery to the USB charging connector.
- Plug the charging connector into a computer USB port, an adapter (5V, 0.5-1A) or a power bank. (Please use original charging connector to charge the Li-Po battery.)
- The red indicator light on the charging connector stays on during charging progress. And it turns green once charging is completed.
Compare with similar items
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It's very sturdy.
2. Great range. Well over the advertised range if in outdoors with clear line of sight.
3. Extra set of propellers.
4. Remote is good.
5. Great features like, 3D flip, autohover, different speeds, headless mode, etc.
5. Can be very fast in speed mode 3.
All for $40? Great deal. Now to the cons:
1. The battery housing is, well.... Doesn't exist, you literally slide the battery inside the drone scratching over the board soldering. I honestly could of fixed that myself with a little bit extra 10 cents worth of plastic and little bit of design engineering. It's always a pain to slide it in and out of the drone.
3. You will need to find a good cheap set of extra batteries and a charger if you wanna enjoy it and not just wait 60 minutes for every 10 minutes of flight.
4. As you expect from a slow drone, a slight wind is a pain to deal with.
5. The drone processr is not fast enough to manage the highest speed. It always will take a little longer to process your next direction change and it will feel like a little delay because the drone is that fast at speed mode 3.
All and for a $40? I love it.
Right out of the box, I was up and running in 5 minutes. I didn't even have to initially charge the drone. The unit trimmed up and was easy to use. I was able to zip around indoors with great ease.
This unit would be a perfect starter for those who are new to the hobby or kids looking to get started.
Charging time only take about 20-30 minutes but if you are looking to get more time, I would purchase additional batteries. I did notice any overheating issues I have seen with other units.
The LED's on the unit are slick and it is fun to fly around in low light. It adds a mysterious sci-fi type atmosphere. I had fun sneaking it into rooms with friends unsuspecting this little guy to be flying around.
With all this said, my only thing I would like to see is a camera, but for the price and the sheer joy it is to play with, this is a very minor set back.
Once I am able to get someone to videotape my flying this little guy around, I will post some videos. Until then, please feel free to shoot me any questions you may have.
This is a must have to add to your collection of drone.
Regards, Rich Zella
I was then deciding between the HS170 Predator and this HS170G Night Elven. After thorough analysis of reviews & videos over the internet, I decided to give the newer HS170G a shot. It's been close to a month now that I've been practicing flying and improving on maneuvering the HS170G. And, right before writing this review, I flew the drone one more time to give a fair evaluation.
The good thing about this is that it's very light, very responsive, and has a good "horizontal" altitude hold. By horizontal, I mean it's gyro & four propellers are very good at maintaining the quadcopter horizontal/parallel to the ground. The three speed options work great from low to medium to high. The flip function also works well. And, so does the stop function, which gradually brings the drone back to a horizontal surface and turns the propellers off, and the emergency stop function. The direction stick also responds quite well. I haven't gotten the hang of the headless mode yet, so not commenting on it.
The not-so-good things about the drone are the altitude hold (driven by the throttle stick) and the trimming function, resulting in poor altitude stability. In the first five seconds of its flight, a black propeller blade broke: all that happened was that it collided mildly with the wall while taking off. That was a bummer. Glad that Holy Stone gave a set of extra blades. As I mentioned above, the drone has a good "horizontal" altitude hold, but not a complete altitude hold, meaning that the drone stays horizontal/parallel to the ground, but is not able to consistently maintain the same height from the ground. It tends to drift up and down, without the throttle being applied. Using the trimming function, I was able to maintain it steady in the horizontal plane, preventing it to drift left/right/forward/backward. But, when I keep the drone stationery in the air, fly it around without throttling, or flip, the altitude (steadiness in the vertical plane) would change noticeably enough, impacting the flight path and causing collisions. In fact, in the last run right before writing this review, the drone went berserk and even when I was trying to throttle it down, it went flying all the way to the top, touching the ceiling till I pressed the emergency stop button. The propeller blades even hit me a few times.
All in all, I am yet to explore more, the flight is great, but the altitude hold is something that needs to be worked upon by Holy Stone.
Features that make this drone great:
Altitude hold - perfect for fast flights and not worrying about altitude
Headless mode -Never lose orientation
Emergency Stop Button - Easy to access when you need to cut power immediately
Speed - Multiple speed levels, and top speed is pretty quick, too!
Remote - Great design, simple, and all buttons easily accessible for quick changes
Responsiveness - Very responsive with commands
Flight Time - I have only flown in colder temperatures, but still was getting 8-10 minutes per charge.
Overall, I am impressed with this little drone. It is fast, responsive, and has altitude hold function. I love Holy Stone, and their products are great regardless of your skill level. Highly recommended!