Homarden Scat Mat for Cats (Set of 10) 16 X 13 Inch Square Cat and Dog Digging Deterrent Mats with 1 Inch Plastic Spikes - Outdoor Garden Pest Control
|Price:||$31.98 & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$8.01 (20%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- SET OF 10 SCAT MATS – Each spiked cat deterrent mat is 16 X 13 inches so you can cover a large area in your garden. Made with plastic spikes that will not hurt the animals but enough to keep them away. Humane solution to stop cats, dogs, and other pests from digging
- 1 Inch Plastic Spikes – Each scat mat for cats features 1 inch tall plastic spikes that will be tall enough to deter any pestering critter, cat, or dog from wherever you want. Will not pierce skin or paws but will hurt enough so they don’t ever come back
- Humane Deterrent – Use anywhere around your house, on the couch, countertops, garden beds, around trees, and anywhere else you want to prevent your pet from going. Place on top of your couch when you are at work so your dogs or cats don’t get their fur everywhere
- Durable Material – Safe, non-toxic material that will deter your pets but not harm them. You can easily cut each square cat scat mat into strips or smaller pieces to fit in any space you need them
- Easy to Use – Lightweight and flexible material to be placed on any surface. You can create a large surface area with each cat deterrent device or use them all separately
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Use anywhere around your house!
Each spiked cat deterrent mat is 16 x 13 inches so you can cover a large area in your garden. Made with plastic spikes that will not hurt the animals but enough to keep them away. This is a humane solution to stop cats, dogs, and other pests from digging. You can create a large surface area with each cat deterrent device or use them all separately. Use it on the couch, countertops, garden beds, around trees, and anywhere else you want to prevent your pet from going. Place on top of your couch when you are at work so your dogs or cats don’t get their fur everywhere.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Janmo on March 3, 2020
I considered several similar products, and based on the fact that THIS product consisted of 10, separate, fairly large individual squares, instead of a continuous roll, AND the strong reviews, I decided to order it. I am very pleased with the quality and how quickly the item was shipped and delivered. The plastic "spikes" are sturdy, and I believe, offer a very strong deterrence to animals freely traipsing over areas in which these have been laid down. Suffice it to say, it has been over a week, and thus far, none of the neighborhood cats have seen fit to leave another "package" next to my window well.
ORIGINAL REVIEW: I bought these to put on top of my 24" X 48" aquarium that has a hinged, screen cover framed in lightweight aluminum and houses my 3 yr old Axolotl (Mexican) Salamander, Lilla, (love her to pieces!). A few months ago, we got a kitten....or he got us, wandered into our rural farm place.....and, of course, he soon noticed Lilla and was on top of the tank every chance he got. I tried a cat deterrent auto spray can that quit working almost immediately and a carpet runner I had on hand, turned upside down so that the little "stay-in-place" grab-spikes were facing up. That KIND OF discouraged him, but not on those days when he was very determined and sassy. He'd just "grin and bear it" and there he'd be, seeming to taunt both me and Lilla! They also blocked all the light and air from the top and were butt-ugly.
I found these mats on Amazon and ordered this particular pkg vs a roll because the squares seemed like they'd be easier to handle (and they are very easy to use) and they were a good buy for the money. I'd also have extras to use in other places where I want to keep animals away.
To cover the top of the aquarium, I used three full mats plus three others cut down to a smaller size (easy to do), 6 total mats, connected by the little hook and holes that are on all 4 sides of each mat (2 on each side). These mats solved my problem 100%, PERFECTLY! One time up, just as quickly off, and all salamander watching is now done from the floor! Not only that, the mats are custom-sized to the screen top and the black color of the mats looks nice with the black trimmed aquarium and screen cover, so they actually look nice.....well, they aren't ugly, anyway. They are VERY light weight, so no need to worry about them being too heavy for the screen, and I can see through them, down into the tank, which I couldn't with the "clear" carpet runner that wasn't actually clear. They work so well, we can leave the cat in the house unchaperoned, which we never dared do before.
I docked one star because the little connectors are very fragile and break off very easily. Several of the squares came with at least one torn off and I lost a couple more just taking the squares apart. (They come stacked.) Of course, the squares can be connected with zip ties or twist ties, it's just more convenient to use the attached connectors if they don't rip off.
I'll try to remember to edit this after seeing how well they held up through the winter and whether any toms got through.
Update: After a northern winter the mats did fine as long as they weren't stepped on. I do have a nice footprint of crushed prongs on one where I'd forgotten that. They held up fine when they were being moved. Now that temps are above freezing they're not so fragile. No cat marking where the mats were laid down though "someone" found another spot nearby and that was resolved by expanding mat placement. I'm moving the rating up to 4 stars.