Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Home Again: A Novel
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(2 star). See all 397 reviews
on December 13, 2016
I thought this book was very slow. I have read Kristin Hannah before and liked her books but this one is not her best that's for sure. It went on and on about the same things and seemed like a short story had been padded out to make a novel. There was a lot of repetition in what the characters said.
on August 15, 2017
too long and drawn out at the end.
on December 23, 2016
I did not enjoy this book as others I have read that were by Kristin hanmah
on July 15, 2016
A beach read. Kept me entertained, but very predictable and not very deep.
on May 31, 2016
Amateurish writing, predictable in every way. So beneath the skill of this author.
on August 21, 2016
A soapy, soap story - a bit too much
on August 23, 2012
After reading all of the rave reviews, I was really prepared to like this book.
Unfortunately, I was disappointed. First of all, the editing was atrocious. I noticed the first half of a set of parentheses that didn't have any business being there. Sometimes the words used were completely wrong, as in writing "he" instead of "we". There were also a couple of instances where the author repeated words in a sentence. Example: We went to went to the store. None of the reviews I've read mentioned any of that. I have a hard time reading books where you have to stumble over the writing to get to the story.
As far as the story goes, I couldn't really relate to the characters. The "hero" is a selfish, immature, drug-addicted movie star who spends his entire life running from any type of responsibility. Calling him a hero is definitely a stretch, but that's the role his character plays in this book. The heroine is an equally emotionally under-developed and ineffectual character, who never seems to be willing to actually be a parent to her daughter. I could, however, relate to the daughter, because she was constantly pissed off at having a mother who was never willing to make eye contact, or discipline her in any way whatsoever. How frustrating would that be!
I thought the book could have been about half as long as it was. It was so boring and just dragged on and on. I don't know if I'll read another book by this author. This one was so tedious that I'm not inclined to pay the $9.99 that Amazon now charges for most of their Kindle books. I kind of feel like I got ripped off :(
on May 3, 2014
Would not recommend this book to an adult; more for the young romance fan. Could have stopped in many places and been none the worse for it. Characters too inconsistent.
on June 11, 2014
Disappointing and very predictable. Not up to her usual work. I will continue to read her books and hope the next one I read is better- much better!
on July 30, 2017
This is an older novel by Kristin Hannah. I had no current library books in the house, so I went to my personal bookshelves looking for a book I had bought but never read (there are many). I found "Home Again," and gave it a try. I did finish it, but it was ridiculously predictable, contrived, and clearly not one of Hannah's best. She wrote this one 20 years or so ago, so I will chalk it up to being a starter novel, but I would not recommend it, even to fans of her writing.