Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

• Customer Reviews

on November 22, 2010
installed on 86 yr. old recovering from broken leg...very weak. She says it's exactly what she needed to steady herself and support herself getting out of bed. surprising how solid it is!
on May 31, 2011
My father lives in an assisted living facility for the memory impaired. He has become very frail & was having difficulty getting out of bed. The staff reported to me a couple of times that he had slipped off the edge of the bed onto the floor.
I purchased this grab bar & apparently it has helped. I like the fact that it has bars at two different heights (the higher one to assist in standing up, & the lower one to assist in rolling over in bed).
I also like the adjustable strap that holds it in place, although it took me a while to figure out how to thread the strap through the buckle.
on February 19, 2010
A good device to prevent a person from falling out of bed. Also a great aid for an unsteady person to get in and out of bed.
on April 7, 2011
Great product to help the handicapped. I have cerebral palsy and am having problems turning in my bed. This product has helped me so much. I love the lower horizontal bar that is just above the mattress. It is closer than the side of the bed. So it is easier to reach than the side of the bed (full size bed). It is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! The image does not show you the strap that goes around the box-spring to secure the railing. So if you have a bed skirt, be aware you will have to have the skirt scrunched up under the strap on both sides. But the benefits make it worth it!!!!!!!!!
on February 16, 2013
My dad used the rail to help sit up in the bed and it was also helpful as a landmark for where he should sit in the bed so that his head will land on the pillow. Many times he would sit too far down and have a lot of tedious scooting to get where he needed. It is also helpful for him to reach back before he sits on the bed.
on February 8, 2010
My experience with this transaction was excellent. Before purchasing I asked a couple of questions via email and received quick responses. The product arrived in a timely manner and was exactly as described.
on January 3, 2013
After reviewing many bed-rails we chose Drive Medical. Mom did not like it at first because she thought it was the wrong product. After a few days using the rails it became a favorite. Mom was able to get herself in and out of bed without assistance from a care provider. She insisted it go with her to the hospital!
on February 1, 2010
Very happy with bed rail. Just enough to let you know it's there but not so big you can't get out of bed. A comfort to know I won't fall out of bed.
on October 23, 2012
My husband had a stroke almost 11 years ago and has difficulty getting into and out of bed. This got such glowing reviews that I decided it might be just the thing to help him.

The unit seems sturdy in and of itself. Positioning it was not as easy as I thought it would be :(, although, as stated, no tools were needed :). I did it by myself, but it would have been handy to have a helper. the directions say to "remove mattress from bed", but I just pulled our mattress from the foot end as far as I needed it to install the strap and what I call "the tab" (the part that fits under the mattress). We tried the unit close to the head of the mattress first, but when my husband tested it, he thought it should be further down. I ended up with it about 20 inches from the head end of the mattress, and that seems to be about right. When I placed the "tab" under the mattress, the mattress would rise with pressure on the bars of the unit, so it seemed a little wobbly. When I tried to put the "tab" under the box spring, the legs on the unit held the unit and the box spring up off the frame. I ended up placing the strap under the box spring, but for our bed, the "tab" has to sit on top of the box spring. The good news is, the strap and buckle are sturdy, and the strap is plenty long. I'm sure it would easily fit a king size bed with some left over (ours is queen size). I'm not sure if the rail unit is any less wobbly with the strap going under the box spring, but it works at least as well as when it was only under the mattress, so I opted to leave it that way. In any case, while you are lying in bed, the weight of your body gives the unit as much stability as needed for sitting up. My husband tested it, and he said it works fine for helping him sit up. As a bonus, it should prevent him from falling out of bed.

Someone else mentioned that it was a little problematic figuring out how to thread the one end of the strap through the one side of the clasp. That made me feel better, because I had the same problem (a diagram would have been helpful), but it didn't take too long to figure it out. Another problem I had was that since I placed the strap under the box spring, I had to remove the bed skirt. I fixed this problem by removing the bars (which they call the "hand brace"(it conveniently lifts off after pushing in the lock pins)and opening the stitching on the seam of the bed skirt just wide enough for the tubes to fit through. Then I put the "hand brace" back on. You'll have to remember too that the corner of any top sheet, blanket, comforter, or bedspread will have to be pulled back to accommodate the rail. For that reason I will not be using a bedspread.

All in all, at this point I'm glad I purchased this safety rail. I'll update this review if there are any more positive or negative issues.
on April 17, 2013
I ordered this rail for my queen size bed I had this exact bed bar on my older bed and it lasted 5yrs without any issues, but finally the elastic strap that goes around the mattress stretched to the point of snapping. I liked it enough to reorder a new one when I mover and got a new bed. Here is the catch... I was sent the wrong bed rail they sent me a more expensive bed bar the "Carex Bed Support Rail" I called and was going to exchange it but they told me to keep it and try it out. I found THIS bed rail to be much easier to install and much easier to use without "bar shifting or elastic stretching issues! You cant go wrong with either bed rail I just found my original experience with the above rail difficult to get the elastic around the mattress.