- Series: For Dummies
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 6 edition (March 14, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781119191704
- ISBN-13: 978-1119191704
- ASIN: 111919170X
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 1 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 156 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #14,401 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.75 shipping
Home Buying Kit For Dummies Paperback – March 4, 2016
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Negotiate your best deal and find your best mortgage
- Improve your credit score
- Make sense of changing lending standards
America's #1 bestselling home buying guide
Are you looking to buy a house, but don't know where to begin? This convenient guide is packed with valuable tips for getting the best deal on your new home and navigating an ever-changing housing market. It shows you how to find the right property, make smart financial decisions, and understand the latest lending requirements and tax implications.
- To buy or not to buy? make sense of the home buying process, understand your financial options, get up to speed on real estate market economics, and learn to spot a buyer's market
- Dollars and sense select the type of mortgage that works for you, understand and improve your credit score, and navigate your way through the paperwork required to apply for and obtain your loan
- Diamond in the rough get a crash course on how to distinguish good buys from overpriced duds so you don't overpay when you purchase your dream home
- Let's make a deal negotiate a super deal, get your home inspected from roof to foundation, secure the right insurance, and get familiar with the legal and tax ramifications of your purchase
Open the book and find:
- Where and what to buy
- Tips on assembling an all-star real estate team
- How to dodge the perils of a seller's market
- Ways to get the best deal on a mortgage
- Simple explanations of real estate and mortgage lender jargon
- How to avoid unnecessary closing costs
- Ten things to know when investing in real estate
- A sample home buying contract
About the Author
Eric Tyson, MBA, is a financial counselor and the author of bestselling For Dummies books on personal finance, investing, and small business. Ray Brown, a real estate professional for more than 40 years, is a consultant and public speaker on residential real estate topics.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 156 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It saved me time, money and kept me away from bad and shallow advise.
Pick the right people to help, ask questions and shop around. Don't be in a hurry!
On the negative side, both books do a very poor job of explaining how home buyers can obtain a strategic edge in home search and home buying negotiations through the use of the internet. Unfortunately, the extent of this edge depends upon the quality of the online records provided by your state and county, which may be why the books fail to mention it. In my case, I was able to find out a huge amount about the personal and financial status of sellers through public records, which definitely came in handy during the home search and negotiation process.