Home Designer Suite 2012 [Old Version]
- Software for home design, remodeling, interior design, kitchens and baths, decks and landscaping, and cost estimation
- Take a virtual tour and use 3D views to know exactly what your project will look like before you build
- Design in 2D and 3D or both simultaneously; built-in style templates; 6,000+ library items
- Drag-and-drop from thousands of design objects; powerful deck and patio tools; Plant Chooser offers 1,500+ plant options
- Get started with "How-To" tutorials, 30+ step-by-step training videos, live online training webinars, and more
Take on any home design or remodeling project with Home Designer Suite. Take a virtual tour and or use 3D views to know exactly what your project will look like before you build! Perfect for Home Design, Remodeling, Interior Design, Kitchens and Baths, Decks and Landscaping, and Cost Estimation. Save time and money and start designing your dream home today!
Chief Architect Home Designer Suite 2012
Take on any home design or remodeling project with Home Designer Suite. Take a virtual tour and use 3D views to know exactly what your project will look like before you build! Perfect for home design, remodeling, interior design, kitchens and baths, decks and landscaping, and cost estimation. Save time and money and start designing your dream home today!
Design or visualize your dream home with advanced design tools that are fun and easy to use. Visualize what your home, remodeling or interior-design project will look like with 3D models and virtual tours.
- Choose from built-in style templates--Home Design, Interior Design , Landscaping, Decks, Patios and Pools or create your own custom home design
- Design in 2D and 3D or both simultaneously
- Over 6,000 library items or download free bonus items to customize your design
- Choose from Final View, Glass House, Doll House, Night Views, and Framing to see your design from every point of view
- Automated build tools for roofs, stairs, framing, foundations, dimensions and terrain
Home Designer can help you plan, visualize, and estimate the costs before you begin your project. Create a new room or addition to your home, remodel your kitchen or bath, and visualize floor and space planning, using our home-design software's powerful and easy building tools.
- Move a wall, change a color, add a room, redesign a kitchen and estimate the costs--all before you remodel
- Accurate move dimensions--move objects accurately by typing the dimensions
- Create a new room or addition--add and remove walls, place windows and doors, size your rooms with dimensions
- Change your colors, countertops, finishes, and flooring styles with Material Painter
- Move or resize walls by clicking on the wall and moving or entering a precise dimension
Give your home the look and feel you want--choose from thousands of styles, colors, wall coverings, flooring and materials. Design and decorate your living, dining, kitchen, kid's rooms or master bedroom.
- Place name-brand products in your design including: Cultured Stone, Sherwin Williams, Benjamin Moore, Viking Appliances, and many others
- Smart Design Objects--drag-and-drop from thousands of design objects in the built-in Library organized by category
- Choose from a variety of latest interior items--including cabinets, chairs, tables, sofas, fabrics, and accessories; resize, change colors and materials to meet your exact needs
- Quickly place and arrange walls, windows, doors, cabinets, choose colors, and accessories; it's fun to experiment with various options to create different looks
- Turn lights off and on in your design with a single click
- Material Painter allows you to change the color and material of any object in your design--cabinets, countertops, walls, and flooring
Kitchen & Bath Design
Creating your dream kitchen is fun and easy with Home Designer Suite. Create thousands of cabinet combinations, change your countertop material, add appliances and fixtures, create custom colors and materials, and more.
- Choose from over 1,000 cabinet combinations and create a custom kitchen or bath
- Plan the new layout of your bathroom with custom cabinets, sinks, showers and garden tubs; choose from a wide variety appliance styles for your kitchen
- Choose from several floor types such as hardwood, stone, tile or carpeting
- Import your own favorite objects, materials, colors or textures from a photo or website
- Use the Color Blending tool to stain a translucent color or apply a solid color over the material you place to create unlimited combinations to fit your design requirements
Landscaping & Decks
Create beautiful landscapes, terrain features, gardens and decks for your perfect outdoor living spaces. Home Designer Suite makes it easy to quickly design the virtual look and feel of your backyard, deck, patio, pool or other outdoor project.
- Powerful deck and patio tools allow you to design and visualize your new deck with 3D models and can help you estimate the costs
- Design straight, curved, single level, or multi-leveled decks
- Use Automatic Build Terrain and Terrain Perimeter tools to create flat, irregular shaped or sloped lots--use a GPS to import elevation data
- Choose from over 1,500 plants with the Plant Chooser
- Grow Plants tool to adjust the maturity visualize how plants will look as they mature
Get Started Quickly!
The Quick Startup Options Guide will help you begin with "How-To" tutorials based on the type of your project. You can also choose from over 30 easy "step-by-step" tutorial training videos that will quickly get you started on your next home design project. Live online training webinars are available on a weekly basis and you can access this training via the Internet. Home Talk is a User Forum you can ask question from the community of users. Finally we offer great technical support by qualified in-house professionals.
Home Designer 2012 Series
Top customer reviews
I wanted the material calculator - Suite does not have these features, and Pro does. However, after having to upgrade to Home Architect PRO (And another $400 to upgrade) - I was able to "kind of" estimate materials and calculate cost. I say "kind of" since everytime I create a materials list, update it from the "master list" - some of the materials and pricing updates and some doesn't. I entered a support ticket, and they were responsive if you consider their response was toexport it to Excel and create your database there. Specifically: "For now you can just export the master list and material list to Excel and create a report from those two spreadsheets. Excel has a lot of functionality that can help with this type of organization. -Kirk."
This software is NOT intuitive. You need to use videos from YouTube from other users to learn how to use it. The training and help articles from Chief Architect are vague, minimal, and generally don't answer your questions. You will have to invest a LOT of time to learn how to use this software.
After 5 weeks of stumbling around, I am comfortable with the software. I have learned all the "work-arounds" for the glitches. I upgrading to Pro which I unfortunately learned within a week was going to be required. Fortunately, I had the time to invest to learn the software, and was willing to pay $500 for software. However, it has taken me 17 practice versions and am finally able to create a print, and export it to a version / layout/ print that professional contractors are able to read in order to give me pricing for my project. I enjoy doing this, the process is definitely exciting. The software is definitely powerful, but disappointing when you have to do so many workarounds in the CAD software to create something simple like a pool or deck slab steps.
30 minutes after loading the software, we felt that we definitely made the right decision. If you are familiar with windows based software than you will find this software a breeze. We were able to draw and present 3 bathroom & 1 kitchen remodel within a few hours of meeting with the prospective client. All 4 jobs signed, mostly due to the professional presentation coupled with our reputation.
We liked this version very much, but upgraded to the next level to get a few more tools. We will probably move to the professional software as our success continues and we need something more powerful.
I am working on two home renovation projects. The first one consists of converting a covered porch on the back of my house into an interior space. The second project consists of extending the slab of my house and adding an additional room. I need to submit drawings to the city planning department, showing both the existing and the proposed structures. I must supply both a floor plan and an elevation, that is, a 3-dimensional rendition of the proposed additions.
All of the other software programs that I have tried can produce the floor plan, but they fail in producing the three-dimensional elevation drawing. Home Designer Suite is the only one that easily creates a printable 3-dimensional exterior rendition that can be shown to builders, architects, and city planning departments.
The biggest drawback in this program is its difficulty in creating roofs. It wants to create roofs automatically, based on the type of walls you have specified. If your floor plan zigs and zags, it is nearly impossible to reproduce the roof line correctly. So I gave this program four rather than five stars.
I must comment on the other reviewers who have complained about this program. All CAD software is time-consuming and requires substantial learning. If you spend time going through the tutorials, this program should work for most interior and exterior residential needs. Be sure to set up your defaults first.
It won't tell me distance of a wall being drawn until you stop (release mouse button). And the distances displayed sometimes over-write each other. But the biggest issue: At least one interior wall must be connected to a outside wall! That's what tech support told me and thats what the software automatically does. No, I'm serious. This is wierd, and I'm not changing my design to conform with the software, so the package is unusable for me.
I'm disappointed because although ALL of these programs have flaws,this one was supposed to be the best of the bunch.
Most recent customer reviews
I expected more from the product, but I partially blame myself for not reading the description...Read more