Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on July 1, 2010
I bought this system for my Father-in-Law who recently moved in with us after being overseas for many years. We were unable to find it at Wal-mart after the first time or buy it online anywhere but Amazon. Amazon comes through again with a VERY reasonable price and free shipping. This system is very compact, the strips and meter are one in the same. He keeps a written log rather than anything digital and is just developing personal control over his diabetes. There is no way to download to a computer, but does fit in a small carrying case well with the lancet etc... This is a good system for someone who prefers the most basic meter, and it is very affordable for the non-insured.
on March 14, 2010
Purchased the Sidekick because my 2 year old Acucheck Compact Plus started reading 65 points lower than my sugar actually was. The purchase of the Sidekick was to tide me over until I could get my insurance company to purchase me a new Acucheck (they won't). The Sidekick works well, is tiny compared to the Acucheck and has cheaper supplies. Test strips are available for this meter at WalMart. While a solid functional meter, it does have a few less electronic features than the Acucheck. The Sidekick keeps your last 30 tests or so in memory but doesn't store the date and time like the Acucheck. The Acucheck had other features but none of which I ever used. Other than that it works every bit as well, I strongly reccomend it.
on April 14, 2016
Love this all-in-one meter with strips. Been using for 3 years now. Price is great for me as I only test once -a-day and have to pay for these myself.
on February 22, 2013
I have several different blood glucose monitors and find this one is a great, no fuss, no muss monitor.
Fast results, and have tested it against other meters and seems very accurate. I see other reviews stating inaccuracies but this has not been my experience. Love the portability of this meter too,
on February 2, 2015
I have used these for years. An excellent glucose tester at a good price.
Unfortunately, they seem to have stopped making them. Now I have to use other products that are less precise and much more expensive.
on November 8, 2016
It looks like an accurate machine. Easy cuff to adjust.
on July 19, 2016
Wonderful product! Reliable as any other meter and easier to carry in my purse.
on September 20, 2016
Wife uses this production- its easy to use and accurate
on October 6, 2015
small and perfect for bag even the small bag for it can carry 4 needles ( the one you use it one time then throw it out NOT the pen needle )
on September 7, 2008
This little meter and strips is the cheapest option I have been able to find. It's easy to get confused about test strips & meters, and the companies often give away the meters to get you started on their system, making you buy their expensive test strips (that's where they make their money). You get 50 strips with the Sidekick meter, for about $30. Additionally, it is convenient and easy to use. I believe it is as accurate as any of the meters out there.