BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Home
  • Customer reviews

Home
Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 7, 2012
There was a time in my life that I would have meant "radio friendly" as an insult. However, making music is both an art and a business. There's nothing wrong with doing what you love and making some coins at the same time. The songs are just too good for me to resent Dierks for backing away from the bluegrass sound of "Up On The Ridge". Once again. it's a good helping of "pickup truck anthems" with loud guitars tempered with intelligent ballads that don't resort to schmaltz. Even "Home" manages to say "hey, I'm proud of my country" without resorting to the "you're either for us or against us" ugliness that certain artists used to cash in on the Iraq war not too long ago. I may not live on the main street of Nashville but as long as Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley are around, I'll continue to drop by.
on September 6, 2012
Dierks has a wonderful voice/band and on a few of this songs on this album he knocks it out of the park. But, on a lot of the other songs the musical composition/lyrics just don't live up to his abilitys.
I'm hoping in the future that he can put together an album which is filled with hits.
Not giving up on him, this album just doesn't do him justice thus the 3 star rating.
on January 2, 2017
nice
on June 6, 2017
Good album
on March 26, 2012
I purchased this CD as I love the hit "Home". It is a beautiful song with so much meaning about our great country.
on December 23, 2012
the audio tracks are dynamic and full of energy. my thought is that the production on some of the songs was more than I would layer on, using the multi-track recorder. I would suggest 'backing off' a bit with the overdubs and (the tendency to be) approaching that 'wall of sound' concept. good audiophile sound is definitely not a 'wall of sound' but each instrument and the artists's talents and contribution, to the overall recording be clean, clear, detailed and identifiable as the soundstage is spread across the front wall of your listening room. now, a 'boom box' listen is a whole other 'can of worms'. Dierks (and his band) are too good for that treatment. other than that - I rate the music 'well done' and let's hear more.
on December 12, 2013
I love Dierks Bentley and this album has several great songs on it. I have to admit, the song, 5-1-5-0 had to grow on me, but it does have a catchy tune and it's very easy to sing along with (which is why my daughters ask me to turn it up whenever they hear this come on the radio.)
on November 28, 2016
Everything about this CD is great. Thanks
on February 9, 2012
Seen him in concert twice and he's a bad a..!

Love all his albums and have been counting the days for this one.

Bought it the morning of its release and have listened 5 times thru and it's AMAZING!!!!

Track 1 - we all know it and LOVE it!!!
Track 2 - great song
Track 3 - BEST SONG ON HERE.....guarantee will be his next single.
Track 4 - AWESOME AWESOME SONG!!!!
Track 5 - great summery song and typical Dierks song.
Track 6 - LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!
Track 7 - Amazing song....my 2nd FAVE!!!!!
Track 8 - Killer song....man I love this album!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Track 9 - Amazing Dierks song with the chick from Little Big Town.
Track 10 - Not bad...growing on me.
Track 11 - ANOTHER awesome song with just one listen...
Track 12 - Thinking of you - awesome awesome song 3rd (if not tied for 2nd fave) with a great backstory on this song. His 3 year old angel Evie sings at the very end. Tearjerker!!!!!

Heres the story:

Aside from being an award-winning country artist, to his two young kids, Dierks Bentley is simply `Dad.' On his forthcoming record, `Home,' Bentley included a little surprise -- at the end of the last song, `Thinking of You,' the guitars come back in and Bentley's 3-year-old daughter, Evie, sings her own version of the song, showing how much she actually does think of her dad while he's away.

As touching as the song is, Bentley didn't enter the studio with the thought of including an emotional solo by little Evie on his new project. The clip's genesis was much more organic than that, surprising and deeply moving Bentley as much as anyone.

"I'd been gone for about eight days on the road and had an opportunity to play at the White House," he told The Boot. "I couldn't pass it up, even though it was on my birthday. I don't really care about my birthday that much but my wife does. She likes celebrating stuff together as a family. But what can you do?" After performing at the White House, Bentley says he spent a rather lonely birthday in his hotel room, until he got an e-mail from his wife.

"My wife and one of my producers had teamed together to get Evie singing this song, `Thinking of You,' on video and sent it to me as a birthday present," he says, adding that it was "the saddest birthday present of all time. It just killed me. It just hurt. I loved it, as painful as it was. They had a recorded version of it, which I assume they thought I wouldn't go for [as far as actually putting it on the new album] because I've never really sung songs about kids or any of that stuff."

But Bentley loved the song so much, and he loved how the last word she sang was `home' -- the title of the album -- so he couldn't resist including it on the final project.
on January 7, 2017