Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Home from the Hardware Store: Transform Everyday Materials into Fabulous Home Furnishings
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on July 18, 2011
I love do it yourself interesting ideas...and this book does have a bunch of realistic items that don't look like cheap do it yourself items. These are things that are interesting and you could display in your house and people wouldn't know you made it! I thought it was a good book to inspire ideas!
on March 26, 2011
I received this book just when we were moving into our new place and I've already used three projects in it--the drop cloth curtains, the pipe fittings candleholder, and the rug gripper lampshade. The author is very thorough with the directions and gives you a very specific list of items to buy at the hardware store. I found everything at the major big-box hardware store near my house. This book is awesome sauce! I may pull a Julie/Julia thing and do ALL the projects in the book.
on April 4, 2011
It sounds like some people didn't love this book - I don't understand that. The book has lots of great ideas that someone, like me, who is not adept at crafting can easily and succesfully do with inexpensive items. The photographs are great and this is a very creative and stylish way to decorate. Highly recommend.
on April 1, 2011
If you like industrial style and have no creativity of your own, this book may be useful. Some projects are just plain ugly and others you should be able to come up with on your own. A better choice would be Hardware Style: 100 Creative Decorating Ideas Using Materials from Every Aisle of the Home Center Store which has more ideas. Me, I'd visit a good local thrift store and Ikea and use the hardware stuff very sparingly.
on March 15, 2011
I saw this book review in the local paper and decided to buy. I am dissapointed however in that there really is not much in it beyond what I read in the paper. I thought there would be a lot more ideas, things I could make but it is fairly limited.
on November 20, 2012
This book had lots of photos, good instructions for what was there, but not a lot of desireable projects. I DO like up-to-date decor, but most of these projects were not very useful for a practical life style... with the exception of the candle holders from plumbing parts, and perhaps the folding screen made from luan doors and craft paper. Big book, large glossy photos ... "eh" content.
on January 10, 2013
This is a very fun book. Next time you go into the hardware store, you will look at items differently. You won't be buying just a connector or piece of PVC pipe. The possibilities are endless.
on November 16, 2012
I love the idea of making items from Hardware store stock, but would have liked things that were a little bit less looking like I made it from bolts and pipes.
on March 8, 2014
I chose this rating because this book was a disappointment to me. I expected a lot more to be in the book. I would not recommend this book.
on April 3, 2013
Instructions are easy to follow. I haven't figured out what I would like to make yet. Update later on thar