- File Size: 4534 KB
- Print Length: 168 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: June 2, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00W6GTPWA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,201,249 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #772 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Do-It-Yourself
- #1428 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Essays
- #2134 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Do-It-Yourself
|Print List Price:||$5.99|
Save $3.00 (50%)
Home Improvement Survival Guide for Men: How a Guy Can Survive a Home Improvement Project Without Losing His Sanity Or a Finger Kindle Edition
|Length: 168 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Home Improvement Survival Guide for Men: How a Guy Can Survive a Home Improvement Project Without Losing His Sanity Or a Finger
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This is the funniest, absolutely the funniest, thing I have read in YEARS! Really... you can ask my wife! She actually said to me, "this is the most I've seen you laugh in years!" And seriously, I had tears in my eyes within a few paragraphs. I didn't realize I'd tackled this many home improvement projects over the years, or made so many mistakes, but Dan Van Oss must have been hovering over my shoulder watching me.
And he misses nothing. Nothing! I mean, the bit about getting distracted by trying to roll the little metal balls around in the clown puzzle you find in the kitchen drawer while looking for supplies... seriously, how did he know that?! Because I have done that!
Van Oss' rambling style is hilarious. Hardly a sentence ends up where you expect it to, yet somehow, every sentence ends up pointing out yet another stupid thing you, or at least I, have done. It's almost an uncanny experience reading this book. Are all these things truly universal archetypes? Or does Van Oss launch a camera drone to hover over my house every time I pull the ladder out of the shed to embark on another project?
The references to Star Trek, Emergency! and even The Rat Patrol -- yes, The Rat Patrol -- and the Donny Osmond poster thing, and... well, there are too many pop cultural references to, well, to reference.
Will you learn anything from this book? I dunno. But as with any good tool, you can definitely injure yourself with it -- by laughing until it hurts!
I gotta go get his other books!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Do-It-Yourself
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Essays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Do-It-Yourself
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Essays