- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Cengage Learning PTR; 2 edition (September 30, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 143545717X
- ISBN-13: 978-1435457171
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.8 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 49 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #99,265 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Home Recording Studio: Build It Like the Pros 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
1. Getting Started. 2. Modes, Nodes, and Other Terms of Confusion. 3. Isolation Techniques - Understanding the Concepts. 4. Floor, Wall, and Ceiling Construction Details. 5. Window and Door Construction. 6. Electrical Considerations. 7. HVAC Design Concepts. 8. Room Testing. 9. Room Treatments. 10. Putting It All Together. 11. Myths and Legends. 12. Codes, Permits, and Special Needs.
About the Author
With more than 34 years of construction experience, Rod Gervais gives you a comprehensive and cost-effective plan for building that home studio that will have you building and recording in no time. A complete glossary of terms is also included, and a collection of handy tools to aid you in your design is available on the companion Web site.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 89%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Read it slowly and take notes. This is not a quick read then your done. Rod has years of knowledge and experience that is packed into this book so take your time!
This book works well with a recording studio community forum to help verify that you are doing things correctly. If Rod put every single detail in the book it would resemble one of those huge Old king James Bibles that every family seems to have. Never just guess when building a recording/isolation studio. There are many communities out there that have experts to help give advice (John Sayers, gearstulz). If I were you I'd get this book immediately and read it a few times just so you can understand things.
I'd recommend this to advanced or serious music studio builders.