- File Size: 3727 KB
- Print Length: 172 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Three Strand Press (February 10, 2014)
- Publication Date: February 10, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00ID2A1PQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#3,382 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #36 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Contemporary
- #87 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- #229 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Save $7.99 (100%)
Home Is Where the Heart Is: A Christian Romance (Home to Collingsworth Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
I think this book suffered by comparison to the last book I read which was an action/suspense/romance--which I admittedly prefer. While reading this book, I kept waititng for something else to happen--the love interest was a sheriff after all--but nothing like that came up. I did think the love story was a nice, quiet love story without a lot of the prolonged miscommunication events of some romances (although there was one) and the Christian part was so low key that it was almost not noticeable to me, which I point out as a good thing. It is not that I don't like the "Christian" part of Christian romances--I often do when they are written well. I actually mean my comment as a compliment to this story--that the Christian part was part of the overall story and the people in the story rather than being a big story or big distraction all by itself.
While I liked the story well enough--and the price of $.99 was certainly a good thing about it--I do not have any desire to read further in the series. This is where the second minus comes in--one more star down the drain. However, I am not sure why I don't want to read further. Perhaps I never really connected with any of the supporting cast and crew who would undoubtedly be serially the stars in the upcoming books. I really didn't care about them. I cannot even get my interest up in seeing where the story of the two main characters of this book (Violet and Dean) will go after this, although it would surely be a background story now to what I assume will be the other girls' stories or maybe stories of other people in Collingsworth. That is probably the problem right there. Dean and Violet were just about the only likable characters in the whole story and then they must not have been that likable if I don't care what happens from here.
Most of the girls are adults; the grandmother has recently died, leaving them rich; no one knows where the mother is; the older sisters all have problems. Violet, the second oldest sister, finds love, but the book ends with all of the unsolved issues unresolved.
I will not purchase the other books.
(Spoiler Alert for the rest of this- although I'll do my best to keep it general)
The hero and heroine start thinking/ daydreaming/ even planning marriage after only two dates- which isn't normal, except for maybe among a few star-eyed teens. And then there is the truckload of absentee fathers. I don't know if the author has an issue with dads abandoning their daughters, but almost every female character in the book has been deserted by their father. Wherever Collingsworth town is, it seems to be the Bermuda Triangle for Dads.
A clean novel, but a rather unrealistic tale.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational