Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.75 shipping
Homebrew Beyond the Basics: All-Grain Brewing and Other Next Steps Paperback – March 4, 2014
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Mike Karnowski is the Head Brewer of specialty beers at Green Man Brewery in Asheville, NC. He has brewed at home and professionally for about 25 years, and previously owned a homebrew supply store in New Orleans. Mike is a Beer Judge Certification Program certified beer judge and has judged homebrew competitions for more than two decades.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
almost everything one needs is in the book in a very concise style (another reviewer has said 95%, I agree, and probably you would barely need the remaining 5%)
I am enjoying reading it on my spare time, but it is extremely handy for a quick reference on a busy brewing day as well, which is really crucial.
I own the classics and I feel deeply indebted to the giants of Papazian and Palmer. This book builds on these classics and takes the delivery of essential knowledge to the next level. My humble opinion, buy all three, pay tribute to and enjoy reading Papazian and Palmer on your spare time or to get recipe ideas, use Karnowski as your main reference especially on a brew day.
This book is very well suited to the people who have just made the leap from extract to all grain brewing and want to learn more about what they are doing. I think it is great for that audience and for even more advanced brewers. Although I'm sure all this information is available somewhere on the interwebs, it is hard to find and not nearly as logically organized as it is in this book.
Also recommended reading would be The Complete Joy of Homebrewing (4th ed.) by Charlie Papazian, although that book is much more long-winded and alleatory, which would leave a lot of hands-on types like myself impatiently Googling for the quick answer we need to get the job done before the sun goes down. I find that Karnowski's book travels around the house with me everywhere I go (causing me to misplace it periodically) while Papazian's tome sits on the bookshelf gathering dust.