Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56 reviews
on December 3, 2007
This is the latest incarnation of the simple "Heat and massage" unit by Homedics, I adore this model, the controls are simpler still, heat and two intensity settings for each of the 5 motor groups along your rump and spine. I have one for home and one for my car and one as a spare incase either of the others fail... my back can't do without. There is no fancy cam unit to grind up and down your back and once turned on (not a big shiatsu fan), the heat and massage functions are on until you decide otherwise (my older units had a 20 minute timer that I don't miss at all).
A buzzy spine is a happy spine!
on December 6, 2016
Works as well as the one purchased back in 2004 that had just failed. The wall power adaptor is much smaller than the old ones large half brick size one that was so heavy it fell out of some outlets. The new one is light weight and stays in just as it should. Hope this one lasts as long as the old one...
on July 22, 2016
I recently developed sciatica. I bought this to use on a 6 hour car ride. The massage and heat worked together so that when I got out of the car, I could stand and walk with very little pain. I ran both features the entire ride (going and coming home) with absolutely no problems.
on January 22, 2016
This massager offers various speeds and choices of areas to message. In addition it heats as well. We use it in our truck, and it is such a luxury to sit on after a long day in the field. It is very relaxing. On a long drive it offers stimulation that helps overcome driving fatigue. Our previous model lasted 15 years before we wore it out. It served as a seat protector for our upholstery that still looks new after all those years.
on August 21, 2016
It was not as nice as the 15 year old model That wore out. It isn't as big and did not have as many heat and vibratory settings. It is Dequate but not great.
on October 26, 2016
This is so helpful to get me relaxed before heading for bed, or when my back starts to hurting. I had one before, and after many years it quit working. I missed it so badly that I bought this one. This one is even better than my old one as it has more target areas.
on April 18, 2007
Homedics BKP-200 10-Motor Back Massager with Heat
I want to recommend this product for anyone with light to moderate to severe continuous chronic pain. Some descriptions I have read are not that helpful, so I hope this helps people get a better "real person with pain" view in order to compare with other products. I have fibromyalgia/bulging-slightly herniated discs/arthritis of the spine/migraines, hypo-thyroid, etc.
I must use prescription medication because of it. I work on the computer at home PT, [plus my own "stuff"], which is tough on the whole back/esp. neck. Some days I ache all over like "regular people" do with a cold/flu. Occasionally, my low back has sharp pains, and seizes up until I can
barely move. Increasingly, the lower/mid back stays "messed up" and I have a tough time just bending, etc. I am only mentioning all of this, in hopes that you can understand I am not a person with just a regular "hard work" sore back or whatever, because I know that many can relate, or know
someone who can, and are searching for helpful, affordable products.

Nearly everyday for some time now, I have used another Homedics product, the Shiatsu 100, on my neck area [for ALL cervical/some lumbar zones], as I work/watch TV watch/read-even after church, etc. [Chairs without high back support cause pain/ muscle stress as well].
The cervical Homedics Shiatsus are great, but I am SO tough on them because the muscles get so tight in my neck, that I push them too hard! I usually go through one about every other month!

So, I've been needing an accompaniment to to alternate/give the Shiatsu more rest periods. Also, it's not easy or even impossible to use the Shiatsu on the extreme lower back regions.

However, I could not afford anything extra until now, esp. the more deluxe ones-so until I could afford the advanced ones with the Shiatsu like massage rollers, I thought I'd try it-I'm glad I did!
On days when those tender points are going off and I'm aching all over [esp. with our mountain weather], and for when my back gets "messy", I can see that this will really be a tremendous help to me. My muscles/tender points already feel better with the combined heat.

As my first [recent] experience with it, I'd just come home from riding around all day out of town. Truthfully, I wasn't expecting too much from it, due to my prior experience with massaging/vibrating devices...just thought it could be helpful as an all over vibrator, and wasn't sure it would be that strong for the low price. WRONG! What A TREAT!!! It really helped work out a lot of travel stress/stiffness...
Though it doesn't do the "Shiatsu" roll type massage, these vibrators are STRONG...not weak like so many of them. Trust me, I have tried many of these kinds of products. And, it takes a lot to reach through to my pain and muscles.

I've seen the "squish" vibrators, [I like "squish" in general], however, their vibration gets lost behind the bulkiness [as with my cervical one].
The best part of squish I'd say is being able to get it closer to you-push in closer, however, simply putting a small pillow or cushion behind the part of the massager you need closer will work fine.
As far as noise, it has the typical "massager noise"; it is certainly not as bad as some I've had, esp. to be delivering such strong massage. And, it comes with an adapter for the car/truck.

For the LOW price, with TEN motors and 2 speeds, optional HEAT, + 4 sections [upper/middle/lower/seat] it is powerful and FABULOUS.
I don't know if this product will continue for a long time, or at the same price, but I do know that when it comes to back/neck/pain relief, Homedics makes EXCELLENT products, like this one!

I strongly want to recommend the seller in this review as well.

"Dollar Rite" has this terrific product, plus the Shiatsu 100s, etc. VERY good prices, lower than other vendors I've seen. I ordered my massager
just on Sat. afternoon and actually had it by Wednesday, with "standard" shipping!

They have absolutely amazing and accommodating customer service.
I messed up my order, which I thought may be, at the least, temporarily set and not able then to be undone, and became worried about the money situation due to that mistake. I called and immediately an experienced CSR answered the phone and went to incredible lengths [believe me] to take care of it [thanks Rob]...I was SOOO impressed -actually, nearly stunned by the way in which MY mistake was instantly circumvented into a great resolution GREATLY to my advantage. Not to mention, a follow-up email I sent was returned very promptly [not an auto-responder].

They obviously provide tailor made resolutions to customers' problems/needs]! Really made my day! I'd say this is one of the best private online vendors from which I've bought in my 13 years as a computer
user!!!

I probably sound like an ad, but honestly, I am just a customer like you and until now have never ordered from them. I don't mind promoting a company with great customer service and low prices on quality products. It's the least I can do in return for the swift and excellent
response and solution to my problem! I will DEFINITELY BE BACK for my next Shiatsu massager, and subsequently, the more advanced seat cushion type [then pass this on to a deserving person], AND WHATEVER ELSE THEY HAVE THAT I NEED!

As soon as this system allows me, I will definitely be leaving great feedback!

Hope this helps someone make a good decision with a good deal...

ENJOY your massager, whichever you choose!

Pamela Plumley
4/18/07
on July 25, 2017
I really like this
on June 25, 2016
Does not vibrate as strongly as the previous similar model. Also causes interference to the TV reception.
on December 8, 2016