Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 30, 2010
If you need a portable unit, this does a nice job. However, I would save the $30-$40 and go with one without heat. The downsides are that it does not have the spot massage feature where you can hold it in one place and it does not have adjustable width on the rollers. I think the same unit without heat that sells for around %59-$69 is a better value. If you don't need portablity, I would look into the higher end models that offer 4 rollers and much more in the way of adjustment and programs. But with that said, this does a nice job just wish I knew about the limitations.
33 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2012
Have this strapped to my work chair, and have learned the best body position for it to get my lower back and not bruise my upper. Terrific with the heat and vibration. Has really helped with back pain. Glad I got it, though it took some adjusting to before I figured out the optimal seating position.
on April 22, 2013
I have been hit a few to many times in combat, and as a result have a messed up back. I ordered this because a friend of mine in the Army had one and he let me use it. It works unbelievably well. My back is always tightening up and the spasms lock up and can barely move. I am not one for pills so I would only take tylenol or Ibuprofen. I sit on this massager at least ten times a week. It stands up and does the job every time.
on July 24, 2012
This device works great! I have been doing lots of yard work this year and I have needed a back rub many times, especially after digging. It's nice knowing that I can sit in my easy chair and get a massage anytime I want it. The massage will last a full 20 minutes before it automatically shuts down. That is time enough to get out most of the kinks. The only downfall to this model is that it doesn't have an adjustment for the width of the rollers. The more expensive model does. I would recommend this product for those that want an economical device for a good massage.
on March 2, 2012
Well I think you'd have to have a back of steel to enjoy this massage cushion. My entire family agrees with me, except my dad who thought it was ok enough to keep. So I said happy birthday and gave it to him. It's not like it was painfully expensive but it definitively would've been sent back if he didn't want it. So, be warned..it will probably be to rough and the heat isn't very noticeable..not recommended by me!
on January 23, 2013
IF you have regular back pain this may help. I takes some getting use to but can be very soothing for sore backs. NO real help for necks or the lowest part of the back.
on April 30, 2013
Great product, it really works out the tightness and cramps, the shiatsu massage is what sets it apart, a vibrating massage won't loosen you up you need the vibration and the heat and the shiatsu, this is a great product
on August 2, 2013
Perfect for relaxing in my recliner. Relieves sore muscles and back pain very well. I highly recommend this for back massage as it does a very good job for the money spent.
on June 20, 2012
I gave this Homedics Massage Cushiion to a friend with back pain as a gift. She loved it. She said that she uses it daily and makes her back pain go away.

I would recommend it as a gift or if you are in back pain. thanks
on June 22, 2015
Little to painful on the spine due to rollers being to close to the surface