Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 176 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 282 reviews
on June 27, 2016
This is a great message machine. It is strong enough to release tension and some trigger points. It is nice that you can remove it from the chair easily when it is not in use. Two down sides: (1) it has very annoying bright blue lights that stay on unless he unit is unplugged. The lights move with the rollers as it massages - some young designer may have thought the lights were "cool" - I find them annoying. (2) I called HoMedics to find out how to turn the lights off - the only way is to unplug the machine.The lights serve no function. I discovered that I had been sold as new a model that was discontinued over a year ago. Other than the lights and the slightly deceptive advertising of this model, I would have rated this a 5 star product,
on May 14, 2016
This is a fantastic massage cushion for this price. 6 rollers, that have a wide range of circulation; way up/down, wide apart or close together, with heat & vibration. The range is impressive. The option to have it stop at any point you choose, reaching any knot, is the final selling point for me.
This massager beats any massage chair I've sat in that cost hundreds of dollars more. This has both a standard & a shiatsu massage options.
on January 10, 2017
I bought this to replace my last one that was just like it. In fact, this is my 3rd Homedics seat like this. I like them but the heat went out on the first 2 after about 2 yrs so we'll see how long this lasts.
It takes a little getting used to if you haven't tried it before. My sister does not like it because she says it's too 'hard' and it 'hurts her back'. But then again she is a wimp. You can either just not lean back so hard or put a jacket or towel on the seat to lessen the force of the massage.
I like the way it gets in there and really rubs you up. You know you have been massaged. (In fact, be careful when you stand up. You might release a lot of lactic acid and get mildly dizzy. Make sure you drink some water).
Really like how adjustable it is.
This model is very big, I don't like that it doesn't fit on my office chair. I wish the rollers went both higher and lower.
on January 21, 2017
I like this messager pretty good but i have an issue with the description of this item which helped me with my decision to buy it. Description says that you can adjust the roller width but i find out you can't adjust it in Shiatzu mode. You can only adjust the width of the roller in the straight up and down mode. Who uses that anyway? I bought for the Shiatzu message. If i would have known this i probably would have opted for a cheaper one around $60 or $70. It's a deep message though. Not much relaxing when it's doing its job. Directions say to not use more than 15 minutes at a time i believe and i guess i reached the limit because it shut off automatically. And the blue light is annoying. It stays on constantly if you don't unplug it. It does have good heat in the heat mode. The back lighting turns red when heat button is pressed.
on January 10, 2017
There is virtually no upper back mode in this massage chair. Doesn't matter how you position it, it will not do anything for the upper back.
In its favor, i'd say that non of the massage chair toppers i tired was able to do a good job on the upper backs.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 15, 2016
I love this massage chair, this is the first one I have owned that has roller and does more than vibrate. The chair itself is not all that have and is very easy to move from room to room, another great thing about it is the fact that it comes with a strap on the back so you can mount to nearly any chair that you have in your home. I personally use this product while sitting on the couch or in my bed. In my opinion it gives just as good a massage as chairs that cost twice the price, the heat feature is also very nice. The remote that comes with is equipped with all sorts of settings that will fit your specific needs. For example it has a shiatsu setting and a rolling setting each have the choice of upper back, lower back, and also full back. The rolling setting allows you to adjust the width which is a great feature. Quite often I just find myself pressing the demo button, exploring everyone of this chair's capabilities. I should also mention that the chair is made of high quality material, it's portability has enabled me to bring it on all the trips I take, I've been pretty hard on the chair and it's still good as new. The length of the cord is perfect, it's long enough to reach most outlets in my home and short enough to not get in the way. I couldn't be more happy with this product and would certainly recommend it to anyone in the market for a massage chair of this price.
review image review image review image review image
on January 2, 2009
I tried various versions in a store and settled on this model over the SBM-200H which was great, but this one was more powerful. I like the options on the QRM-400H model. The rolling massage is a great relaxer to start a session. The shiatsu settings really go deeper. I felt this model has more power over the SBM-200H. The rollers on the SBM-200H seemed smaller, or more recessed, so you could leave it in on the chair all the time without discomfort. The next model up has shoulder massagers but I did not like the extra height or placement of the shoulder rollers. I got a Shiatsu massage pillow to take care of shoulders and upper neck. Other great features: The heat option and the option to focus on one spot in shiatsu mode or adjust width in rolling mode. Got this for a great price during holidays.

My only complaints are the 4 "blue" lights in the cushion never go off when plugged in. Perhaps it should be unplugged anyway, but I think I should have the option of leaving it plugged in without it blasting blue light all over the room (wasting electricity!). It also takes several days for the outgassing of fabric and foam parts to rid themselves of the "new product" smell. Those are minor complaints and the reason for only 4 stars.

It works GREAT! So far I am impressed. It is much better than the old vibrating cushions previously sold as massage chair cushions.
on January 18, 2017
This is a great massager. Bought it for my husband so he didn't have to go to a massage center. I read in the reviews to put it on the ground and move around for it to get the target areas. This is what my husband will do if he has a specific knot. as long as your willing to move around in a chair or put it on the ground it can really work to help loosen the muscles in the back. We both are 5'10 and find it works well with our height
on December 9, 2016
The unit I received must have been the lemon for the year as it all of a sudden starts SLAPPING THE BACK (IT'S OWN) from the inside very loudly and does not want to stop until you smack it on the back of the machine like it was choking on something itself and pulling the plug ASAP!! I was seriously going to request a refund but I way too busy to mess with it at the moment. I tried to call the company direct as their info said "open until 4 or 5", but when I called multiple times , I got ring, ring, ring, ring, etc. before actual closing time . The company can call me anytime though,
Scott (805) 636-1080
on June 8, 2012
Let 1st say I have owned a Panasonic shiatsu massage chair for 18 years.
I knew that it was a matter of time before I wore it out.
It finally started having problems and it is now (retired).

I immediately started looking for a replacement.
A new chair can run into the thousand of dollars so I opted to try the QRM-400H

The 400H massage feels more like hands rolling over your back.
It has smooth motion and is not a pounding massage.
The Panasonic was like feet pounding on you and more of a deep tissue massage.
I find it very relaxing especially with the heat turn on.
For now I am satisfied with this units performance.
If it lasts through the 2 year warranty I will be happier still.

Old Update, the rotating massage is now broken.
Now I have to deal with the warranty to get it fixed.
I wondered how long this unit would last.
Now I know. I would not buy another of these.

New update, Homedics came thru with replacement.
It was fast and no questions asked.
I'm re-rating this unit as it works OK and I will use it in my RV.