Lyft BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 6, 2017
gift, she like it
on June 13, 2017
This is a beautifully illustrated and well written concise book on home gardening and raising farm animals. It details how to use the food and animal products without waste. Well organized, it also contains chapters on soapmaking, bread baking, cheesemaking, composting, and homeschooling. Lots of tips and ideas for both the experienced and novice gardener and farmer.
on April 21, 2016
A wonderful book, it has a lot of valuable information in it.
on December 28, 2015
I really can't say enough good things about this book. We have an acre of land with chickens, I bake my own bread and get raw milk from a farm down the road (and a rabbit and dogs). We also have a garden but I wanted to expand my garden, start canning my over abundance of produce and learn more things and decide if goats were worth it. This book touches on almost all the subjects I was interested in (soap making is my next venture). She has put many recipes in the book also. There's enough information on each subject that you get a feel if you're interested and then feel confident enough to buy a whole book on the subject. I would highly reccomend this book if you're thinking about or have started homesteading on a small or large scale!
on November 22, 2015
I did not buy this book (yet) but checked it out from the library. I also do not have a garden or any animals (yet). I found this book to be a useful overview of the various topics it covers. It helped me to realize I would probably do better with goats than with cows like I had thought. I also love how she includes the mistakes she made, it is helpful and comforting to hear from one who has truly learned from experience, and gives me more confidence that I can do this successfully too - even (or maybe especially) if I make mistakes. To the 2 star reviewer who comments about the authors "vegetarian agenda"... You obviously did not read the book past the introduction. The author clearly states that her family returned to eating meat and includes several recipes for chicken that sound delicious. What she objects to is factory farming and the issues that come with it.

I think this is a great book for someone who has not started their homesteading journey, and again as the author states it is not meant to be an exhausive guide to every aspect of farm life. If you're dreaming of your own farm whether you have a few acres or just want a backyard chicken flock and some raised beds, this is an enjoyable read and can give you some good insights before getting into the heavier reading on each specific aspect of farming/gardening/raising animals.
on May 12, 2015
This a good book and I learned alot however I expected more recipes.
on October 9, 2014
Good book for your library ..great references
on October 2, 2014
Great book...still making my way through it. Thanks
on September 22, 2014
very helpful book!
on August 27, 2014
Great information, love this book.