Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 6, 2014
The Reader's Digest Homemade: How to Make Hundreds of Everyday Homemade book, Kindle version, is lacking specific ingredient amounts in some of the recipes. There are typos to be found throughout the book including the misspelling of body as the word bidy was used.

As to content the book looks fairly good and has food recipes, pet recipes, cleaning and beauty recipes which you can make at home.

I do not recommend purchasing the Kindle version of this book.
on December 31, 2011
If I ever had to narrow down my book collection to just a few books this would definitely be one of them. The amount of useful information in it is endless, I can easily see myself having to replace this book from wear in a few years. It really includes a recipe for just about everything from people food to pet food to home remedies and garden sprays. I'm the type of person who would prefer to take the time to make it myself, you know what is in it, how it was made, it saves money and helps reduce the amount of waste. The only negative thing I can say about it is that there is so much in it I don't know where to start. There are even recipes for glue, sidewalk chalk and egg dye. This book is really so good everyone should own a copy, even if you're not much into do-it-yourselfer, you'd find this book worth five stars.
I am VERY sorry I bought this book. If it could be returned, I would. The cleaning products make me feel very uncomfortable, and some of the food recipes are not for me.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2016
This is the neatest book. It has a little bit of everything. I love how it has the section in the front that has detailed history, instructions, and health and safety information on the basics of the DIY projects and recipes in their book. There are more recipes for food than there are for household products, though, just so you know. This is the perfect book for someone new to the DIY, self sustained living community. Great buy for the price! Totally worth it!
VINE VOICEon November 5, 2011
Homemade is a really great book if you are looking for basic recipe ideas to make your own foods and household products. It's really the best way to know what is in the products your family is eating and using. You will find recipes for all kinds of things: fresh pasta, sauces and marinades, ice cream, deli-style foods, some home food preservation (though just a start-up guide for that), fast-food types things (like potato chips-bet you can't eat just one!, chicken nuggets, etc), jellies, jams, pickles, basic family comfort foods such as lasagna, many breads and rolls, salads, beverages, snacks and desserts. If you want to make your own ANYTHING this book is a really good place to start.

Beyond the food items, you will find recipes and instructions for health and beauty items, garden helpers, cleaning products and more. This is truly a great resource book, and would be a terrific gift for a new couple just starting out or a young family trying to make ends meet.
on March 23, 2014
I got this book because we have found some allergies in my family to GMOs and formaldehyde among other things. We are trying to go green and increase the healthfulness of my family.

I really like a lot of the recipes and ideas in this book - the one thing I dislike is that it will give you a recipe that states: for example, 1 cup shampoo - what kind of shampoo, where do I get it and how is making my own shampoo out of other shampoo any cheaper? However, there are many great ideas and a lot of recipes I really appreciate. Since I started reading this book we have switched many of our cleaning products and plan on bottling some ketchup and mayonnaise of our own soon! I am so excited to use this and books similar to make our indoor lives healthier.

I highly recommend this book - it has easy to make recipes that are huge money savers.
I read this book cover to cover and have at least 1/3 of the pages flagged for use. There are many helpful hint, tricks and ideas in this book for everything from cleaning your fridge to baking cookies. I have already used some of the cooking recipes with great results. The homemade cleaning solutions have been used as well, and they do clean better than many of the chemical ones on the market. The best part is that they don't cause my hands to break out in a rash or to dry out. This book is well worth the purchase price and would make a great gift for anyone - such as a newly married couple, or someone purchasing their first home, or someone who just wants to "green" up their routine a little. Several guests to my home have picked up this book and become engrossed in it immediately and then gone online to order it before leaving. There is just SO MUCH in this book that I may have to buy another because my copy is already getting dog-eared.
on December 11, 2014
This book is incredible! For years I have made homemade skincare products, jams & relishes. But never knew how to make pet products, exotic flavorings, household items and shampoo. The recipes are very simple and inexpensive. Much easier than I would have thought. Will use this book as a tutorial to teach young family members the joys of creating with one's own hands and discourage the "consumer" mindset they have been programmed to embrace. I highly recommend this book as a fun adventure on the path to reducing our carbon footprint and becoming more self-sufficient.
on April 18, 2011
Like everyone else, I am trying to reign in my budget & purchased this book in hopes I would learn a few new ways to do just that. I was pleasantly surprized with the multitude of the content. There is everything from cleaning to beauty to recipes for seasonings, baked goods, dinners, etc, to tips & tricks for saving money. This book really covers everything, and I think of myself as pretty well read on money saving matters :) I can't wait to try the recipe for white cake, looks delicious! And how impressive to tell the girls I made it all from scratch.....for a fraction of the cost at that! We are planning a girls night & I'm whipping up some of the homemade beauty products to try, while a friend has a few of the household cleaners to bring so we can all give them a try on our own. I recommend this book to anyone looking to save a few dollars, go greener, and get back to basics.
on May 3, 2017
This book has a lot of great cleaning and cooking tips