Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on May 18, 2013
This is a treasure. Jerusalem Greer has crafted a hand book for all of us to celebrate holidays and every day with. She writes in such a friendly, easy going style, it is as if we are good friends getting together to discuss meaningful ways to celebrate Christian holidays in simple, fun ways. Encouraging, this book is filled not only with celebration ideas, but recipes, crafts, and southern hospitality. Jerusalem's charming writing style fills the pages not only with all those things, but also with a glimpse into what it is like to live your faith in God in your daily life at home. The photography is beautiful, the stories she writes will steal your heart.

Buy this book. It is as inspiring for a new believer who needs help figuring out how to live out her faith throughout the liturgical year as for a Mom who wants to teach her children how to love the Lord and fill her home with Christian celebration. It's for anyone of any age who wants to be inspired and encouraged, who loves tradition, and purpose filled memory making. This is a must read for every Christian woman, poignant, heartfelt and absolutely delightful!
on May 29, 2013
I bought this mainly for the read (not as much for the crafts/recipes) and was not disappointed at all. I learned a little about the liturgical year and a lot about spiritual growth, health and happiness. Jerusalem is a wonderful story teller and weaves her own life lessons throughout the book. The pages are beautifully done, with homey charm and pretty details everywhere. The book felt so much like "small town America" to me that after I read it, I sent it to a very good friend in Japan so she could enjoy it, too. This book reads like you're hearing from a good friend, conversations full of memories and love.
on May 16, 2013
This book is so relaxing! No pressure of perfection - just lots of ideas of how to make celebrating the seasons creative & fun. Jerusalem's stories of the messiness of everyday life balance the quirky takes on crafts and recipes to highlight a variety of liturgical holidays. I don't have kids, but even as a single I can think of tons of ways to use these activities when gathering with friends, in a church setting, or with family. This isn't a how-to-have-a-perfect-family type book, it's a laid back resource of celebration. Buy it for the stories. Buy it for the crafts (and know you don't have to do them all). Buy it for the recipes. It's whatever you want to make of it & I have a feeling I'll be coming back to it again and again.
on October 10, 2016
Jerusalem beautifully shares her gift for helping families connect through spiritual practices. She inspires me to make plan with intention as I nurture my little family! Such a great guide - she feels like an old friend!
on September 9, 2014
What it is: Part blog, part cookbook, part down-home Martha Stewart Craft Guide
What it is not: A hipster handbook to making yourself feel a little safer or smaller in a big world.

Jerusalem is a good and vulnerable writer, which is why I enjoyed this book. She didn't try to reach out and grab you, or connect in some ethereal feminine "I get you" kind of way. She just told her story and let you, the reader, walk through her memories.

I would recommend this book for everyday women who want to connect to the liturgical year, moms who feel alone raising their young kids, and Sunday school teachers
on October 19, 2016
Love love love this book! Being new to the Episcopal faith and a passion for traditions, this book really speaks to the heart. Jerusalem really captured so many heart warming celebrations that can be modified to fit your life. Finding an Episcopal family has been a God-send and I look forward to creating some of these traditions and a cadence of rhythm this next year.
on October 10, 2016
Jerusalem Greer's book "A Homemade Year" is an inspiration for parents and crafters and families everywhere. Unlike the latest pins on Pinterest, it's projects are totally doable even if you live a busy life. Rituals are important things and a homemade year introduces several options for things to become family rituals and tradtions.
on April 20, 2013
Have you ever felt all alone during Christmas or not understood the meaning of Christian holidays for today's world? Then this book is for you. Jerusalem Jackson Greer pulls you in from the first page. Her writing is raw and honest. Her angst is real and touchable. How do we have it all, home, family, and time for reflection? Then, she ties in her personal feelings about each Christian holiday, and how it can have meaning today- and gives a simple craft that we can do at home with our family to mark the occasion. Much more than a craft book. Poignant, heartfelt, and very readable. A must for today's Christian woman.
on October 10, 2016
I wish I'd had this book when my kids were growing up! Fresh ways to actively engage as a family with the seasons of the church calendar communicated in the context of Jerusalem's own well told narrative. In addition, the book is beautifully layed out and photographed. A real treat!
on October 10, 2016
As I read this book, I would randomly start crying because she is telling my stories somehow. I love crafting and this is the perfect book for learning how to stop and observe the church calendar in ways I never thought about before. This book is an absolute gem!