- Series: Homeowner's Guide to Renewable Energy
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: New Society Publishers; Revised, Updated edition (July 5, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0865716862
- ISBN-13: 978-0865716865
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 1 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 27 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#330,257 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #2 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Energy Production & Extraction > Alternative & Renewable > Hydroelectric
- #12 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Energy Production & Extraction > Alternative & Renewable > Wind
- #33 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > Energy Efficiency
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Homeowner's Guide to Renewable Energy: Achieving Energy Independence Through Solar, Wind, Biomass, and Hydropower Revised, Updated Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Energy bills have skyrocketed in North America, and traditional energy sources can be as damaging to the environment as they are to your pocketbook. The Homeowner's Guide to Renewable Energy will show you how to slash your home energy costs while dramatically reducing your carbon footprint.
Completely revised and updated, this new edition describes the most practical and affordable methods for making significant improvements in home energy efficiency and tapping into clean, affordable, renewable energy resources. If implemented, these measures will save the average homeowner tens of thousands of dollars over the coming decades.
Focusing on the latest technological advances in residential renewable energy, this guide examines each alternative energy option availableincluding:
- Solar hot water and solar hot air systems
- Space heat: passive and active solar retrofits and heat pumps
- Wood heat
- Passive cooling
- Electricity from solar, wind and microhydro
- Hydrogen, fuel cells, methane digesters and biodiesel.
This well-illustrated and accessible guide is an essential resource for those wanting to enter the renewable energy field. Packed with practical tipsand guidelines, it gives readers sufficient knowledge to hire and communicate effectively with contractors and is a must-read for anyone interested in saving money and achieving energy independence.
About the Author
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm a civil engineer with a quite a lot of experience in housebuilding/renovation and a healthy interest in renewables, but this book was still well worth reading for me.
You don't need to buy this book, but I'd be surprised if anyone who bought it found it to be a waste of money.
Most recent customer reviews
I am a very old lady, and the book would not have been appropriate for me.