Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on September 19, 2016
These ladies are full of kindness and charm. Their herb garden is so lush and amazing! As someone just starting out with gardening I was so intrigued by how they grew their herbs that I wish I could follow them around their garden all day to learn from them. I liked the little tidbits they shared throughout the video on some of the ways they used each herb and what foods they used them in. I loved the easy preparation of the herbs in the recipes that they shared some of which are herbal teas, herbal tonic, herbal vinegar, herbal butter, how to make an herbal brush used to brush on butter, oil, etc., which would be ideal for brushing onto grilled veggies and food (they brushed the melted herbal butter onto cobs of corn). All in all I was impressed and wish they will make another video a sequel of herbs and even veggies and how to grow and use them, it was that enjoyable to me.
on January 1, 2012
First let me say, the West ladies were very nice and I truly believed they knew their way around the garden. It was a nice video and actually seemed to me the unscripted family project of the summer, with Mom and the girls as the stars. That being said, in this video these ladies have an enormous garden, full off all sorts of flowers, vegetables, and herbs. How long is this video? 49 minutes. I really felt like they could have chosen to show many, many more vegetables and tips, but for some reason chose to focus very narrowly on a few subjects. I did not doubt their expertise, but I just felt this very short DVD did not live up to its title.
on April 23, 2010
I wondered how much information about herbs could be packed into a one hour DVD. The answer... a lot!

This is a wonderful DVD and so much fun to watch, I've actually watched it over a few times already. Of course, a lot of the charm comes from the four West Ladies.

Watching this DVD is almost as good as joining them in their herb garden and outdoor kitchen as they explain the growing of herbs, making herbal teas, making vinegars, etc. Highly recommended!
on April 18, 2012
This DVD came recommended by one of my favorite blogs. I am so glad that it was because I have been wanting to can for YEARS but I've always been afraid to try it. This DVD gives you very detailed step by step instructions on how to can. It has delicious recipes (especially for Jam), wonderful safety guidelines and you honestly do feel like you are right there with the West family learning how to can. Thanks to these lovely ladies on this DVD, we were able to can our first batch of blackberry Jam. =)

Yes, the DVD is a little bit pricey but it's worth every bit of it! You won't regret it.
on January 31, 2014
This is a wonderful and informative video. A delight to watch and an inspiration to make some of those Tonics and Butters! Helpful information on controlling bugs, health benefits and growing your own herbs. Highly recommended!
on April 23, 2010
I have a little bit of canning experience but I bought this DVD hoping to learn a lot more, not only water bath canning but how to use a pressure canner.

The West Ladies provide very clear instruction about "how to" do water bath and pressure canning and explain when each should be used. I also enjoyed their instructions on how to pickle hard cooked eggs to use later in potato salads, etc.

I definitely learned enough to attempt even pressure canning this summer. Highly recommended!
on February 27, 2017
This has basic herbs. I was kinda of hoping for an in-depth look on medicinal herbs which this is not still a good watch! Nice for all ages.
on April 3, 2017
Very nice video. Especially good for person new to canning.
on July 26, 2010
This DVD was interesting to watch, the family of women in this DVD are friendly, and easy to listen to. This DVD is geared more for the new gardener, great tips for the beginner. I have been gardening for quite sometime, I found pleasure in hearing the stories of likeminded women, and had a really nice time watching with my teen daughter. Homestead Blessings Gardening DVD would be a wonderful tool for a homemaking class. I have also purchased the homestead blessings baking DVD which I really enjoyed as well, and I intend to buy some of the other Homestead Blessing DVDs. I think this series will be a wonderful way to introduce different homemaking skills to my daughter.
on May 19, 2010
I learned so much from this DVD from what I have been doing wrong with my compost pile to growing potatoes in straw. So much good information.

As with all their DVDs, the West Ladies are a joy and I find watching their videos a lovely way to spend an hour (learning a lot is just extra).