- File Size: 2220 KB
- Print Length: 266 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1909356174
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Dioscuri Press; 1 edition (December 16, 2016)
- Publication Date: December 16, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01N6CF5VT
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #571,519 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $10.00 (77%)
Hometaker: A Steampunk Dystopian Action Adventure (The Great Iron War, Book 6) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 266 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
After years of reading these great books, I was happy to finally reach the end and receive that satisfying conclusion to the story. It did the rest of the series justice and closed the story in a way that I felt good about. Not necessarily a "happy ending", but the fitting ending the series deserved.
I LOVED the various plot twists and turns in this book. I'm not going to spoil anything, but I'd have to say "I didn't see that coming!" They totally caught me by surprise, and I found they made for a much more realistic plot.
What I didn't love: I felt the book was a bit more "rushed" than the previous ones. There were parts that felt downright choppy and "first draft" than Dean's usual writing style.
But all in all, it was a satisfying ending to a book series I've enjoyed from the very beginning. Can't wait to see what comes next!
Wow. Dean Wilson has a way of keeping his audience on its toes, never really knowing what's going to happen next, or just who will survive the next tragedy. Hometaker does not disappoint in this regard. This is a fast paced, swiftly changing story in which one never really knows what might happen. It has been amazing to watch Rommond grow as a character (obviously, my favorite character), from the first book in the series Hopebreaker, in which in retrospect he seemed flat and uninteresting. Wilson truly knows how to write his characters, while still keeping the story moving and the plot thickening. And my, does it thicken! Twists, turns, betrayals, and the final confrontation between the Resistance and the Iron Emperor, kept me reading this book late into the nights until I remembered that I'm an adult and need to get my sleep for work. I haven't decided yet if I'm pleased to have finished this series and seen a satisfying conclusion, or if I'm going to write the author asking for more stories about Rommond, Jacob, Whistler, and the rest of the Resistance fighters. There's already a standalone novel about Nox titled Coilhunter (which I'll be reviewing as well), but the world of Altadas seems full of additional stories and lives to be shared with Wilson's readers. I'm pretty stoked about this series, if you haven't been able to figure that out yet, and look forward to reading and reviewing more of Dean Wilson's stories in the future. Go check out the first book in this series, and let me (and Wilson) know what you think!
4.5/5 Stars. Quick pace with plenty of action.
ARC provided by author.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Steampunk