BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on November 1, 2016
I remember seeing this as a kid. I ordered this for my son.
My 3 year old son and my 65 year old father in law were sooooooo absorbed through out the movie 😂😂😂
I swear it's changed their lives forever!
on June 7, 2017
Disney family entertainment, the whole family can watch, not like most new movies that try to change traditional values.
on November 13, 2016
My kids enjoy this movie! Quality is good.
on September 12, 2017
I loved it as a kid but as an adult, it falls a little flat.
on February 7, 2010
I saw this when it first came into theatres back in the summer of '89 (OMG, has it already been 20 yrs. since it came out??). During a summer of blockbusters ("Batman", "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade", "Ghostbusters 2"), I was impressed with the scope & creativity of this seemingly small film (no pun intended) which held its own admirably against the other box office juggernauts. Seeing it now, the special effects seem pretty artificial in comparison to the miracle-working CGI stuff today. No matter; it's the imaginative script & acting talent onscreen that's the real deal. Rick Moranis brings his own goofy comedic charm to the role of inventor Wayne Szalinski, who's created a shrink ray machine; trouble is, he can't quite figure out how to perfect it. That is, until a baseball whacked through the upstairs cellar window somehow solves the laser's problems & activates the machine as it randomly shrinks objects such as the furniture. The focus shifts back & forth between the Szalinski family & their neighbors, the Thompsons, headed by thick-headed matriarch Matt Frewer (yep, Max Headroom himself). The "baseball" altercation brings the Szalinski & Thompson kids together in the cellar...conveniently in range for the machine to shrink them. Being the preoccupied inventor that he is, Wayne tidily sweeps the kids up, bags them, and drops them off just outside the back yard. Thus, the film presents its main conflict: the kids need to get back to the house; except now, they face the insurmountable task of crossing the yard which has now become a miles-long jungle of giant blades of grass & giant flowers. It's here where the film really excels on imagination as the kids encounter bees, giant cookies, lawn mowers, toys & even make a lone ant a "pet". Finally, Wayne realizes what happened to the kids (and what he's done) & has to break the news to his wife (Marcia Strassman, resurfacing after TV's "Welcome Back, Kotter"). And so, the Thompson parents watch in dumbfounded awe & comment on "how weird the Szalinski's are" as Wayne & wife use bizarre contraptions to search for the kids without treading on the lawn. Eventually, through all kinds of unusual obstacles, the kids do make it back into the house, Wayne restores them back to normal size, and the neighbors, through this strange ordeal, actually become "good" neighbors.
I was rather disappointed that Disney didn't bother to create some DVD extras--at least a "making of" featurette--considering this was one of its biggest live-action hits. Guess I'll settle on the happiness of actually owning this little gem of a special effects comedy.
on October 7, 2017
Laughing all the way through. Good movie.
on September 25, 2016
Great family movie that your kids will love too! I have been having so much fun ordering these old movies that I enjoyed as a kid for my kids to watch now too. They just don't make great fun stories like this anymore. This is something that I'm sure your kids will thoroughly enjoy. Highly recommend getting this movie for the whole family. Everyone will enjoy it!
on March 27, 2017
good condition, like it
on June 14, 2017
Waste of money, The HD version is $9.00 more and there is no High Definition about it.
on July 24, 2015
We had to replace our VHS versions of this movie. Since we are big fans and play often I can say that the quality is good and we haven't had any problems with the quality.