The Honeymoon Cottage (A Pajaro Bay Novel Book 1) Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The plot of this story was really well developed. Camilla, a victim of a con artist, is broke and hiding out in Pajaro Bay while legal proceeding are going on to clear her name. With Camilla is a little boy named Oliver who is abandoned by his con artist father. Ryan, the sexy but imperfect local sheriff is also running from his problems- but finds himself desperately wanting to help Camilla. So there is a bit of romance, mystery, and a tad bit of soft suspense rolled together.
Ryan and Camilla were great dynamic characters. I loved that the author allowed them to grow gradually and within the context of the storyline. Their romance was beautifully handled...there was not all this fluff of how sexy they both thought they were with all kinds of over-the-top flirtations. I really liked that- it was a nice change. These two people were cautious about love in a real and natural way that made Ryan and Camilla that much more special to the reader. I like too that Oliver was not a whiny brat or portrayed overly mature- He did not detract from the story but rather made a nice supporting character. I did drop it a star for the ending. I thought it could have been developed a little stronger- it seemed a bit rushed ( I know that vague but I don't want to spoil it!) but it still was really well done.
I think it is safe to say that if you are looking for a highly suspenseful story this book is not for you. If you looking for something steamy and sexy this book is not for you. Rather Barbara Cool Lee created a town full of personalities that made you care about Pajaro Bay and its inhabitants. I plan on reading more of her books and recommend this book to those that like the sweeter side of romance and some soft mystery/intrigue. Very Enjoyable. Well Done!
I received this book via good reads and certainly do appreciate the opportunity to read it and meet these characters. I will look for more books by this author.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Amateur Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Animals
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Culinary
- Books > Romance > Anthologies
- Books > Romance > Holidays
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Collections & Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Animals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Crafts & Hobbies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy > Culinary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Collections & Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Holidays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy