Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Honeywell HRF-AP1 Filter A Universal Carbon Pre-fi..." and save 68% off the $19.18 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Honeywell HRF-AP1 Filter A Universal Carbon Pre-filter, Pack of 1
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Honeywell, filter a, universal activated carbon pre filter, helps reduce Common household odors
- Fits all Honeywell Round, QuietCare & SilentComfort Series air purifiers; 50000 series, 17000 series, 18150 series, 40100 series, 40200 series & HPA100,200,300 series consoles. (Does not fit HPA towers).
- Helps deodorize the air and trap larger particles such as dust, lint, fibers and pet fur
- Reduces common household odors with activated carbon. Perforated design makes 1 to 8 pre filters depending on the model
- Adds Extra shine to your product. Replace every 3 months.
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Kaz is a state of the art, dynamically-managed, global leader in healthcare devices and home comfort products that operates in over 65 countries on six continents with a brand portfolio that includes Vicks, Honeywell, Braun, and more.
1. Choose the best air purifier for your needs
*Purchase "K" pre-filter for QuietClean® Odor and VOC Reduction
2. Choose your room size
Length x Width = Total Square Feet
3. Find the right replacement filter
No Active Ingredients
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||SupplyBuy||Amazon.com||Filters America||The Manufacturers||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||47 x 0.13 x 15.5 in||15.5 x 14.5 x 10 in||4.8 x 11.65 x 11.65 in||5.8 x 6.3 x 10.88 in||1.77 x 14.49 x 9.45 in||18.03 x 18.03 x 19.57 in|
|Item Weight||—||4 lbs||6.4 ounces||2.2 lbs||0.62 lb||21 lbs|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
(1) Prefilters HRF-AP1, HRF-APP1 or 38002 (all made in Mexico) are thinner and much lower quality than the original prefilter that comes with the air purifier or the generic ones made in US, Korea or China that I bought before. The prefilter 38002 is basically the same quality, thickness and porosity as prefilter HRF-AP1 except for the higher price. I suspect HRF-AP1 and 38002 are the same exact items with a different box and price.
(2) The pores or holes are bigger, many 3 mm or bigger. You can see clearly many big holes by holding the prefilter against the light. The prefilter is also covered with fine black carbon dusts. My hands and table are covered with carbon dusts. That means many particles including the carbon dusts are bypassing the prefilter causing the HEPA filter to clog up faster.
Without prefilter, the HEPA filter (about $60 or more) lasts only 4 to 6 months, instead of 1 to 2 years.
(3) Prefilter HRF-APP1 ( suggested retail $ 17.99) has "loose" zeolite added.
(4) You get a better deal by buying prefilters from generic suppliers. The generic filters I have bought are less expensive, thicker and have much less loose black carbon dusts than ones from Kaz and Honeywell. Plus you usually get 2 filters for Honeywell 50250 air purifier instead of 1.
Search "B000U204W2" or "B0009GZJT2" on Amazon, get 16 inch x48 inch $6.25 or GE SmartAire Cut-to-Fit Replacement Carbon Pre-Filter 15x48 $7. Both filters are sold by Industrial Filter Sales, etc. and are thicker, denser than HRF-AP1, HRF-APP1 or 38002.
(5) According to Kaz's website, in 2002, Kaz bought the Honeywell Home Environment business, which includes air purifiers. Kaz continues to use the "Honeywell" brand just like Lenovo used the "IBM" brand.
It takes time to research these information. Please click "Yes" below this line if this review was helpful to you.
Also, the instructions are very confusing... I just found it easier to wrap it around the HEPA filter with one edge just under the circular seal, then carefully cut with scissors just under the seal on the opposite side. Length was just right.
I would have given it 4 stars if it didn't have so much wasted (and paid for) material, and another star if the instructions were a little simpler than an F-16 flight manual...