Honeywell Insight HPA5300 HEPA Purifier Allergen Remover for Extra Large 500 Sq. Ft. Room with Display Panel, Sensor, Air Quality Indicator, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Item Weight||20.5 Pounds|
|Floor Area||500 Square Feet|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- POWERFUL EXTRA-LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER: Independently tested and AHAM Verifide to circulate and filter room air up to 5X per hour in a 500 sq. ft. room to purify more air through the filter. CADR Ratings: 323 for smoke, 355 for dust, 335 for pollen.2
- PROVEN EFFECTIVENESS: Proven to help reduce up to 99.9% certain airborne viruses, bacteria, and mold spores3. Certified Honeywell HEPA Filter captures up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens 0.3 microns and larger, from the air that passes through the filter.
- INTELLIGENT AUTO MODE: Auto Mode continuously monitors the VOC sensor and adjusts to optimal cleaning levels.
- INNOVATIVE DISPLAY: New InSightTM Display at-a-Glance illuminates to show the 4 cleaning levels, air quality indicator and Auto Mode setting.
- 4 CLEANING LEVELS: Germ, General Clean, Allergen and Turbo.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Honeywell Doctor’s Choice Insight Series Air Purifier delivers powerful HEPA filtration and features a cutting-edge design that displays valuable information, such as air quality and device settings, from a distance. The Air Quality Indicator, powered by a VOC sensor, constantly monitors room air quality, and provides real time, easy to understand color coded feedback on the clear InSightTM Display Panel. When on Automatic Cleaning mode, the unit uses the air quality reading to automatically adjust to the optimal cleaning level for cleaner air. Honeywell air purifiers are the #1 brand recommended by allergists.1 The HPA5300’s effective design and filtration can circulate and clean the air an amazing 5 times per hour in an extra-large 500 square foot room.2 The Certified HEPA filters effectively capture up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens as small as 0.3 microns, from the air that passes through the filter. This air purifier is also proven to help reduce up to 99.9% of certain airborne viruses, bacteria and mold spores.3 In addition, the carbon activated pre-filter helps trap larger particles and helps reduce odors and VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
Compare with similar items
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The choices in the air purifier category basically boil down to ionizers, filtered, and "True" or "Certified" Hepa.
This model falls into the last category. It also has no ionizer or UV feature that some brands have.
What the Insight uses are three certified Hepa filters and a pre-filter that looks kind of like a black foam.
I bought this air purifier for a basement. It seems to cover the area well.
Other reviewers have mentioned that the noise level is louder than others and I agree. It's not at nuisance level in my opinion and it's only prevalent at the highest speed level.
I had to unwrap the plastic on the Hepa filters before starting it up. Initially starting it up was easy and all of the filters were included.
Here are the positives in my experience:
Certified Hepa filters seem to work better than the cleanable Hepa type. ( I wake up without a stuffy nose and cough ) The "True" or "Certified" Hepa filters are generally rated at higher filtering efficiency.
Automatic function works and the variable speeds all work also.
The Timer offers 2, 4 , or 8 hour settings. That works also.
The lights are dimmable and I didn't find those distracting at all.
It's portable. There is a recessed area on top that serves as a handle. And this unit is light.
Now the downside to the Honeywell Insight or any Certified Hepa air purifier is the cost of the filters.
You're looking at three Honeywell certified Hepa filters that will likely need to be replaced sooner than the regular Hepa style that can be vacuumed and used for longer.
Another factor is the cost. The Honeywell Insight costs significantly more, even at an "open box" or warehouse price.
I like it a lot and would rate the Insight higher than the Therapure that I also like.
2. Honeywell's website doesn't accept the HPA5300B model name for warranty registration. Try 53000.
3. NO Honeywell brand replacement filters (that come with the unit) are available for HPA5300B on Amazon or the Honeywell store. The Filter A (HRF-A300) should be replaced every 3 months.
4. Many "compatible" filters of questionable origin and quality are available on Amazon. Read the reviews.
By D. Schillinger on May 29, 2021
EDIT: Sometimes it just randomly starts making a loud rattling noise and I have to squeeze in the front panel for it to stop. This is unacceptable for a $250 product.