Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Honeywell MN12CES 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditio..." and save 25% off the $549.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3-Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Honeywell MN12CES 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control - Black/Silver
|Price:||$449.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$100.99 (18%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 12,000 BTU portable air conditioner with no-bucket design cools areas up to 450 sq. ft.
- Dehumidification up to 79.2 pints per day
- Digital LED display, precise feater-touch controls and full-function remote control
- 3 speeds and automatic on/off timer from 1-24 hours
- Powerful air flow and quiet operation (55 dbA)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What’s In the Box?
- 1 Honeywell MN12CES Portable Air Conditioner
- Installation Accessories
- Instruction Manual
- Remote control
12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control
The Honeywell MN12CES 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner has a sleek, modern design cooling and dehumidifying areas up to 450 square feet. With 3-in-1 technology, 3M electrostatic filter and a compressor, this portable air conditioner delivers optimum cooling and dehumidification. It also has a fan-only function. The full-function remote control allows you to operate each feature from across the room. Unlike a fixed AC, this unit requires no permanent installation and four caster wheels provide easy mobility between areas. Plus, the auto-evaporation system allows for hours of continuous operation with no water to drain or no bucket to empty. This model comes with everything needed including a flexible exhaust hose and an easy-to-install window venting kit. The window vent can be removed when the unit is not in use.
- Need support? Have questions about this product? Go to the official website for more product information, installation videos and FAQs, or contact a Customer Care Expert who would be happy to assist you. Want more? Check out the full range of Honeywell Indoor and Outdoor Evaporative Coolers and Honeywell Dehumidifiers to help make your home more comfortable.
-12,000 BTU portable air conditioner cools areas up to 450 sq. ft.
-163 CFM Powerful air flow.
-Castor wheels easily rolls unit from room to room.
-Easy-to-install window venting kit included.
Full-Function Remote Control
-Digital LCD display with feather touch controls.
-Full function remote control.
-Unit features Cooling, Fan and Dehumidification options.
-Automatic shutoff timer from 1-24 hour.
-No bucket, no-drip design uses auto-evaporation system.
-Dehumidification up to 70 pints per 24 hours.
-Quiet operation (53 dbA).
-Washable, pull-up (back access).
|Cooling Capacity||12,000 BTU||14,000 BTU||14,000 BTU|
|Room Size (Sq. Ft.)||400||550||550|
|Amount of Air Moved (Max CFM)||163 CFM||265 CFM||265 CFM|
|Max Noise Level||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB|
|Built-In Heat Pump||12,000 BTU|
|Built-In Dehumidifier||2.9 pints/hour||4 pints/hour||4 pints/hour|
The Honeywell MN12CES 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner, in black/silver, has a sleek, modern design and cools areas up to 600 square feet. With 3-in-1 technology, 3M electrostatic filter and an environmently friendly compressor, this portable air conditioner delivers optimum cooling and dehumidification. Plus the full-function remote control allows you to operate it from accross the room.
Compare to similar items
This item Honeywell MN12CES 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control - Black/Silver
MN Series 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control in Black
Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner (ARC-14S)
Honeywell MM14CCS 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control - Black/Silver
Honeywell MN10CESWW 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control - White
MN Series 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control in White
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Silver||Black||Platinum And Black||Black/Silver||White||White|
|Item Dimensions||16.5 x 15.7 x 29.3 in||18.1 x 15.2 x 29.3 in||19 x 16 x 35.5 in||16.5 x 15.7 x 29.3 in||18.1 x 15.2 x 29.4 in||18.1 x 15.2 x 29.3 in|
Top customer reviews
* The air conditioning unit works well
* Timer functionality is great (both delayed on and off)
* Relatively quite (or at least monotone so you start to ignore it)
* The window connection is absolutely terrible for vertical use (horizontal sliding windows) on tall windows.
* The extenders on the window connection use tiny plastic pins to stay in place, and are easily lost.
* Moving between rooms is extremely cumbersome due to the hose being hard plastic (not sure if a softer material would work well though).
* On the maximum sizing, the air vent connects in the middle of the window, forcing me to leave my blinds up all day with the sun heating up the room. This ALMOST defeats the purpose of the unit.
(I am very much pissed off by this Honeywell I purchased in mid summer 2013 for $499, used no more than 30 times for two and a half summers and now I have to pay to get it dumped in the garbage place. Every thing seems running, it just does not cool the air at all, although I cleaned and double checked everything. It was roaring, but the room was 90 degree when outside was 95 last week. Honeywell warranty claim instructed me to let them know the local AC service's diagnosis. So I spent a lot of time trying to find a professional who is willing to estimate or a service place that I could drop the unit for repair. NO one returned my calls. NO results for my inquiry online either. NO repair shops in town or out. All the local air conditioning services are only doing central air systems. I finally found a Sears unit air conditioner repair center that might be able to do the job (although Honeywell is not in their long list of the brands they take care), but it is 90 miles away. It will be too much time and energy for the matter, two round trips to drop and pick up, let alone the cost. Although Honeywell might be willing to cover the parts (it's still under the 5 year warranty coverage), but the labor on me will be at least $200 assuming nowadays all sorts of techs charge $80+ per hour. I realized that now the consumers of unit air conditioners treat the broken units just as TV sets, they replace them with the new ones because they both should and do last long enough to justify and thus this way gets more value of the money. So I decided to give up my right to the warranty and just buy another unit, but definitely not any Honeywell. I am angry that Honeywell offered me such a bad deal! Poor product quality and difficult and impossible warranty claim services. I have never had such a frustrating and annoying experience with a major appliance ever!)
I'm not sure it cools the square footage it advertises, but it works well. Overall, I think it's a good purchase. Now that my central air is up, Imuse it for spot cooling upstairs.