Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on October 19, 2010
Really works well from a short range of 50 feet, but outside that it starts getting static in the picture and more then 75 feet only gives a beep with motion sensor activated. Now it's video is 2.4 Ghz and the door bell is at a lower frequency, so the picture gives out first in range. If they would up the video power from it's rated 1 mw to something useful, like 50 mw then it would work, reduced batter life yes, but I would rather replace the batteries every 3 months then have a product that doesn't perform. AND while Honeywell is busy making these changes, why not add a video recording feature to the base unit, so each event can be reviewed if your away or asleep.
on May 13, 2011
I bought my first one for my vacation home. The motion sensor turns the unit on and the video out plugs into my security system for remote viewing over the internet. No I can see when anyone comes up to the front door when I am away. I liked it so much that I bought a second one for my primary home.

When I first got it the receiver only turned on for a few seconds, but after charging it (duhhh) then it stayed on for the full 30 sec as advertised. A two way intercom would be nice but for the price, it's great.
on July 25, 2010
I love this item. Now I can see who's at the door without having to go and look out the peek hole. It gives me a peace of mind due to all the crimes and people asking for money. There are a lot of young people ringing the door bell looking for odd jobs to make some money. People that selling magazines, candy, cookies, I just simply don't answer the door. It is easy to assemble and worth the money spent. Wish I had gotten it before my surgery, would have saved a lot of ups and downs trips to the door.
on October 21, 2009
I am hard of hearing so I use this to alert me that someone is at the front door. The strobe and video are outstanding. The transmitter transmits the signal through the entire 2,000 SF home and even to the second floor office room. Thank you Honeywell and Amazon this is a great product and well worth the money. I had a $800.00 system in my other home that didn't work as well as this does for $175.00. Easy set-up even for an elderly gentleman like I am. Five stars....buy it!
on July 11, 2011
This was a waste of time. I thought I was getting a front door video intercom, instead you can see and hear the person but you cannot say anything to them, whats the point? Also, it is huge! too big to put in your pocket or carry around. Its just a large piece of junk. Not worth the time, I have a baby monitor that does all of this for a fraction of the price and it fits in your pocket. This thing needs to go back to the drawing board.
on May 24, 2009
I bought this for a door about 60 feet from the livingroom. The first unit was defective. Upon pushing the doorbell only 8 feet away, the video image would only display for about 2 seconds. It was advertised to display for 3o seconds. I exchanged the unit for another
(Amazon is great !).
The second unit displayed the image for the full 30 seconds up to 45 feet away. The image was clear and strong until that 45 feet. Once I got the unit outside behind a wall, the image was broken and only a few seconds long, no matter the channel setting or positioning of the transmitter or receiver. In short, the unit is great for shorter unobstructed uses. Funny thing though, the anti-theft feature activates the camera when you open the unit to change the channels, there must be a different antnae for that because the image is great and long lasting ( I guess that eats up the battery to much to be used for the doorbell). I really liked the features and only wished it worked in a real world home setting. If you're going to be that close to the door, you could always just look out the peep hole.
on November 4, 2010
The unit is a good idea,but I have lines going through the picture
have nothing in the way ,but the signal has to go from the living room
pass the kitchen to the family room.. Have try putting the unit in the living room,but have to get up and go to, the living room to see the caller picture. Hoping the tech at Honeywell comes up with a fix on this
problem. Smile you are on the --------.
on August 23, 2011
The hype sounded great, too bad mine did not work. Though I suspect as it was used but "not installed" there might have been other issues. Either the circuitry in the receiver or the charger would not charge the batteries. I will say tech support was responsive, but this issue was something that could not be resolved as it is no longer manufactured.
on December 10, 2010
I spent some time trying to find a place to mount the unit without getting poor picture quality.
Possibly due to the materials used and or construction of the house.
This would make a good gift for a home owner or relative that does'nt want to put a peep hole in the door.
The product is made very well that's a plus.
on February 3, 2010
Product seemed to have all the features I wanted. The default is battery power, but offers a hardwire installation option. After purchasing a new transformer (the existing doorbell transformer did not meet the instruction manual's specs), the unit would not work at all. I then switched to battery power and the unit worked for an hour or so. Then the video went out. Doorbell worked fine. After several unsuccessful attempts at reinstalling the batteries and exhausting all of the troubleshooting tips in the manual, I returned the item. Didn't work for me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.