|Item Weight||1.15 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||5.8 x 3.5 x 2 inches|
|Item model number||RET97E5D1005/U|
|Power Source||HardWired with Battery Backup|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
|Certification||Energy Saving Thermostat|
4-Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Honeywell RET97E5D1005/U Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat
|Price:||$99.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Remotely view and control the temperature of the home; Alerts - high/low temperature, loss of connection to network
- Secure Network
- Real time clock -keeps the time during a power failure and automatically updates the time for daylight savings (optional)
- To complete initial set-up, a device with Wi-Fi capabilities and a web browser is required; A compatible 802.11b/g/n wireless router
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Honeywell Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat (RTH6580WF), works with Amazon Alexa, "Requires C Wire"
Emerson Sensi Wi-Fi Thermostat for Smart Home, ST55, DIY Version
Emerson Thermostats 524547878 Sensi Smart Thermostat, Wi-Fi, UP500W, Works with Amazon Alexa
Honeywell RTH8580WF 7 Day Wi-Fi Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat, White
Honeywell TH6320R1004 Wireless FocusPro Thermostat
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$4.89|
|Sold By||aSavings - Same Day Shipping||SMARTHOME & TECH TAX FREE||Amazon.com||Great Household||New Price Inc.||cargolargo|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Item Dimensions||3.5 x 5.75 x 2 in||1.5 x 5.75 x 3.5 in||5.88 x 3.75 x 1 in||0.94 x 5.88 x 3.75 in||5 x 6.5 x 2 in||1.5 x 6 x 3.7 in|
Wi-Fi enabled thermostat allows for remote access via smartphone or computer; Free smartphone app for iPhone, iPad and Android operating systems; Universal compatibility; Pre-programmed with energy savings schedule; Can be configured to meet almost any scheduling requirement; Smart Response Technology - Continually learns to pre-heat/cool your home so you are comfortable at your pre-programmed times; Auto change from heating to cooling; Permanent and temporary hold; Online and toll-free support available; Automatically downloads software updates; Online and toll-free support available; Secure network; Remotely view and control the temperature of the home; Alerts - High/low temperature, loss of connection to network; View local weather;.
Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat
Cost savings, simple setup, and Wi-Fi remote access, plus a convenient pushbutton interface.
- Control from anywhere with iOS and Android devices
- Manage multiple thermostats
- Temperature alerts
- Filter change reminders
* Compatible with thermostats with 110V or higher and systems containing a c-wire (see chart below to determine compatibility)
Reliable Wi Fi Operation and Control
Wi-Fi enabled for remote access from anywhere
Reliable, proven and secure network
Free mobile app for Android or IOS
Automatic software updates
Total Connect Comfort App
Honeywell's reliable and highly-rated app allows you to program your thermostat from your computer, tablet, and smartphone, whether you're across the room or around the world. This allows the user to remotely monitor and manage home's comfort and energy usage anytime, anywhere
This highly rated app is backed by Honeywell's reliable network, for dependable access and peace of mind. Available for iOS and Android devices.
Additional Convenience and Comfort Features
Precise temperature accuracy ±1 degree F
Manage multiple thermostats at various locations
Temporary vacation/away hold
High/Low temperature alerts via email, phone or Web
Remotely adjust your fan controls
Compatible with heating, cooling and heat pumps.
Does not work with heat pumps with electric baseboard heat (120-240 volts).
In order to power your Honeywell Wi-Fi smart thermostat (RTH9580WF), your system must contain a c-wire. Use the chart below to confirm that your system meets the compatibility requirements. This chart will determine compatibility with most systems, but as wiring systems vary from home to home, there may be some exceptions.
- Does your current thermostat have 110V or higher written on it? If yes this system is compatible — continue to next question.
- Do you have thick wires that are connected using wire nuts? If yes — your system is not compatible. If no — continue to the next question.
- Do you have a wire connected to terminal labeled "C"? If yes — your system is compatible. If no move the next question.
- Do you have an extra wire that is not connected to any terminal on the thermostat wall plate? Or — if no — do you have a wire connected to terminal labeled "G"? If yes to either of these questions, this thermostat may be compatible with your system.
To help you know for sure if your system will work with the Wi-Fi thermostat, please send us a picture of your current thermostat wiring. Take a picture of your current wall plate with wires connected to the lettered terminals.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I had the same problems/concerns as others:
1. No C wire. I was able to follow a video online at wifithermostat.com on how to workaround/fix this issue. Of course my thermostat was not listed, but I selected another and found the Youtube videos. If you have an extra wire, there is a video on "Substitute extra wire for C" at [...] or "Substitute G wire for C" at [...]
2. My wi-fi would not connect, kept getting the E02 error. I changed the security settings to WPA2 as suggested, in case the problem was because my wireless was running in mixed mode. That did not work. I own a computer company so I was eventually able to figure out what the problem was without calling anyone. My wireless network had a special character "&" which once removed allowed the Wi-Fi to connect. I have seen special characters cause problems in other unrelated instances so I put 2 and 2 together. I doubt tech support could have helped me with this and I hope by posting this it may help someone else with the same problem.
3. I am not happy with the notice when registering that they reserve the right to charge in the future for the connectivity to the thermostat through the web site which is the only way to connect to it. I like the flexibility of being able to connect to the thermostat locally which is not possible without an internet connection. From my experience of what other companies offering similar "free" services have done, I am sure they most certainly will start charging when they reach a certain amount of connected users after a period of time.
I don't believe in giving 5 stars to something that requires the type of expertise that I possess in order to figure it out and does not allow the consumer to control it, ie requiring you to connect through a 3rd party website that will most certainly be a fee based service at a later date. In today's open, connected society, they could have done better in implementing the connectivity and openness of this thermostat. I am certain their are better options out there.
I hope this helps someone else!
The set up was very simple and straightforward. I had to move one of my wires to get power to the panel which is fine because now I don't have to worry about batteries, but I did lose the ability to independently turn on my fan, which isn't a loss for me.
I don't really want my thermostat to "learn" about my habits because our household is always doing different things every day and I'll turn the temp up and down as needed. Now with that being said I would like to keep a history of how long my furnace or AC is running so I can see if it is running a lot when I'm not home or thorughout the night, etc.
The mobile app for this is simple to use and you can manage the thermostat completely from the mobile app, which is what I do. I haven't touched the thermostat since it has been set up. I love the fact that if I know I'm not going to be home when the schedule is going to kick in then I can set the hold based on time, which is also cool. I can set the temperature and set it to either hold it permanently or have the hold go back to the schedule at a certain time.
Excellent thermostat for what you get, could add some analytics to it that would be nice. I don't see the value in getting a thermostat that is more expensive than this, I don't care what it looks like.