BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 15, 2013
Great price on this! I can be tricky to set up and program. I like the option of energy savings by using this.

I replaced an old Mercury thermostat, my mistake that I didn't lable existing wires because it was going to be difficult. I wired new one w/o going out to unit and checking how wires were connected. The unit didn't respond, because I blew the transformer by hooking up blue/common wire when I wasn't supposed to.

My advise to you, don't assume that blue goes to B and Orange goes to O and Green goes to G, etc. Every unit my be wired different and that's why you label wires before disconnecting old one. Step one, go to your outside unit and cut power off. Step two, label wires with in closed stickers. Step 3, call tech support listed in booklet or call HVAC person if you're not sure.

Hope this saves you a transformer or circuit board.
on October 17, 2014
I only have basement hot water heat with no air so this was installed in about 15 minutes since I only have 2 wires. Programming is easy but a little tedious since each daily cycle must be done individually and there is not repeat for the weekdays that I could find. If you make a mistake, I don't believe there is a back button to correct it so you have to cycle through the entire week. Once it is set up though, it works fine and is very accurate compared to other thermometers in the house. The temperature hold button is convenient for being away for a few days. I don't know about battery life yet since there are only 2 AAA batteries but at least there is a low battery indicator.
on December 16, 2014
Does not offer what was advertised (•7 Day Programming, program each day differently if needed-4 periods per day), I get 4 periods that are used for Mon-Fri and then another set for weekends. I wanted exactly what was indicated because I am home on Mondays and wanted a thermostat that could be programmed to deal with that variance. As it is I just override now on Mondays. Wired in place and needed paint done (this one is smaller than its predecessor) so I will just live with it.
on October 29, 2016
It's perfect for my simple needs, I only have a heater and I wanted a back lit thermostat. Easily programmed too. Maybe too easily programmed. It overheard some door to door religious people and now it's asking me questions that I just can't answer.
on January 1, 2014
I bought this thermostat to replace an older non-programable one so i could have better control of temp when i am away. My friend installed it for me, he said it was pretty easy (but he read the instructions prior to installation) & it does require one AAA battery thats NOT included.
Set up and programming was simple enough as soon as i understood the day sequence it was on. This is a 7 day one so you will need to program each day of the week individually (even if you want the temp settings the same everyday, which is why i gave 4 stars), so that can be a hassle when your days off are never the same for each week like mine, but not a big deal. i do like how it gives you 4 time periods through out the day (wake, leave, return & sleep). But you can easily adjust setting temporarily if need be without messing with set programs and the back lite is helpful when dark.
I have had this thermostat for just over a month and luckily no issues. Great investment so far, i highly recommend.
on December 25, 2013
I have installed 5 of these 7-day programmable thermostats in various heating zones in my church in the past year. Since the building is unoccupied much of the time, I keep the building at 50 degrees which saves a lot of fuel oil here in New England. Then several hours before a scheduled event, the thermostats turn up the heat so the building is comfortable when people arrive. This particular thermostat model allows us to have a different schedule for every day of the week which is just what we need. These thermostats have paid for themselves many times over in the first year.

Since these are for use in a church, I also bought Honeywell CG511A1000 locking plastic covers to keep anyone else from changing the programs. To allow people to turn up the heat for a non-scheduled event, I located a manual thermostat next to each programmable thermostat and wired them in parallel. So someone can turn up the heat themselves in a certain zone when they arrive and turn it back down when they leave. There are 4 time and temperature settings for each of the 7 days in this programmable thermostat so it has a long menu. You really don't want to have someone just start pushing buttons and messing up your program, hence the need for the locking covers.

I see a few negative reviews for this product, but I've installed 5 of them and they all work perfectly. I changed the AAA batteries after a year as a precaution, but none of the batteries had run down.
on December 4, 2013
This is a very nice and useful handy device. The temperatures indicated by this unit had slight offset as compared to my older thermostat but this is really a minor issue. What I liked most is the simplicity of the device and the fact that function-wise it is identical to more expensive Honeywell thermostats do. For example when you look at $200 Honeywell thermostat with wifi access with remote control, touch screen and all other bells and whistles it it has exactly the same feature set as the cheaper unit. If you really like to control temperature of the house while you are away then by all means get top of the line thermostat but I suspect that 95% of users would be happy with this basic, 5-button device. One annoyance is that removing front cover e.g. when changing batteries (yes it needs 2 AA batteries to functions) might be a bit cumbersome but this is really a nuance. Overall, this is 5 start gadget
on June 11, 2013
We bought them for our church, were easy to install and program. Any one can do it with a small screwdriver by reading the instructions that came in the package. Better priced than Wal-Mart.
on July 19, 2017
Poor thermostat. Cheaply made. Does not have separate RH & RC terminals you can unjump and use. Horrible off-shore customer service. Took over a half hour to figure out I couldn't even use it. I'm out of the return period and the would not exchange. Buy something else.
on November 24, 2015
Unfortunately this did not work as advertised. I have a single phase/24 volt heat pump with auxiliary/Emergency heat. I replaced the thermostat and now it runs AUX Heat on most every cycle even when temps are in the 50s. If the temp drops 1 degree inside. Aux heat comes on. It did not do this prior to changing the thermostat. I called Honeywell customer service and they were useless. I could not understand her accent and all she did was walk me through the manual (which I already read multiple times) and told me the unit was working as expected. Clearly it's not working. Defeats the purpose of having a programmable thermostat if it runs on AUX heat all the time. I see other Honeywell models have had the same problem.