Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 446 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 468 reviews
on March 15, 2017
This has been a huge saver for us on our bill. We had an old mercury thermostat that wasn't working at keeping the furnace efficiency heating our house. It took us less than 10 minutes to replace it with this thermostat, and that includes programming it for the weekly schedule. I love that you can set it super easily and hold it at a different temp for a period of time.
on February 10, 2017
It works just as well as the other gizmos I have controlling other heat/cooling zones in the house that cost three times as much. Only time will tell how long it lasts. Another famous brand it replaced died after 5 years, so if I have to replace these guys every 5 years, I'll go with the Honeywell until I'm proven wrong.
on February 17, 2017
We replaced an old Hunter unit with this in our home recently. The questions I've seen most recently asked are easily answered. It's super easy to install. I just put the provided stickers on the wires as I disconnected the older unit and then replugged them into the new unit when it was ready to be installed. It worked well the first time with no problem. It's smaller than I thought. I think the dimensions are a bit larger, or maybe for the box it comes in. The actual dimensions are closer 3.5" x 5.5". The programming was really easy and very straightforward. I really liked the annotation on the screen of "wake" and "sleep" for the timing sequence. I really like the 5 x 1 x 1 feature. We've got definite sequences on Saturday and Sunday, so the 1 x 1 is a really nice feature.

I will say, we haven't tried it in the summer yet, but so far, I really like the way this switches the AC on and off. The previous unit would go 1 full degree beyond the set temperature. This often made the unit run for excessively long periods of time, even in the winter. This new Honeywell unit just turns the AC off when it gets to the set temperature. That may be a problem come the hot central Texas summer, but for now, I really like it. It seems to run less than in previous years.
on May 24, 2017
My old thermostat stopped working and, after some research, I bought this to replace it. The installation instructions were not included, only the operating manual, but the installation in my case was so simple I didn't really need it, and it's easy to find online if you have a more complex installation.
It has worked very well for me so far, and I like that it has four program periods for Saturday and Sunday as well as weekdays, which my old one didn't have. I did find that during my initial checkout I couldn't get it to operate until it was fully programmed for the entire week for a given operation (heating or cooling). I couldn't even get the fan to start when I selected On rather than Auto. Once I had programmed it, everything worked fine and I've had no problems thus far.
on July 14, 2017
I love having a programmable thermostat! The house is warm when I get up in the morning and when I get home from work in the afternoon. No more having to remember to turn the thermostat up or down. The only problem I encountered was that the Cool setting doesn't work with my system--the AC ran continually. So, twice a year I have to reset the temperatures that I want the house to be.
on August 25, 2017
This was very easy to install, the instructions were very good, and it's worked like a charm. It's nice to have the timers set, and we've used the vacation mode a couple of times. I purposely got this for the 1 degree F variance. Use to have a 2 degree F and house would get to hot before A/C would kick in. I see where some of the higher end ones are adjustable, but this worked for me. With the price we paid, I truly believe this was the best thermostat I could of gotten.
on September 22, 2014
I bought this to replace the 20 year old thermostat in my home. It was also a honeywell, but one of the old school ones with a mercury filled glass tube.

It was quick and easy to wire and install. The whole process, including programing and testing to make sure everything was working right only took about 20 minutes.

I was also pleasantly surprised that Honeywell had kept the distance between the mounting holes the same as well so I was able to reuse the old holes in the wall as well. Probably won't be the case if you have a different brand already, but you might find the same thing if you're using a honeywell thermostat now.
on April 10, 2017
Lasted 7 years and I just replaced the old one with this newer model. Finally the button I push the most stopped responding. Have no issue with replacement. Did a good job.
on June 25, 2014
We have a multi-zone heat pump system, and I installed the programmable unit on our bedroom floor (the unit has three thermostats, one on each floor). Installation was a little confusing, as the wire colors/names never match exactly. But by CAREFULLY reading the manual, everything I needed to know was there. Now, our bedroom is nice and cool at bedtime... but we can leave that floor a little warmer during the day (it's A/C season). Programming takes a little time, because you have lots of options. Just be patient. If you miss something, just roll forward and it will start at the beginning again, not that big of a deal.

And as for the "Smart Response" setting mentioned in other reviews, that's no problem. When you go through the advanced set-up (which you need to do!), you have the option of just turning the Smart Response feature off... which I did. Yes, the unit uses batteries, but that's also no problem. I had similar Honeywell units in my other house, and the batteries lasted a year or two.

Yes, I would recommend this product.
on February 24, 2015
Was trying to decide between the 5-1-1 and the 7-day programmable. For a person/family who has work/school 5 days a week this is the one for you, both in terms of function and price. If you have the random day home, out of schedule, just use the "Hold" button feature to set your temporary temperature. For guest, having a dedicated button to "hold" temperature is much better than them getting lost in the menu screen and deprogramming your entire unit. HIGHLY RECOMMEND GETTING THIS MODEL WITH A DEDICATED HOLD BUTTON. Did I mention it is resistant to power outages? Lost power for 6 hours last week, but the thermostat saved the program and kept on time. Thankful that I didn't have to go through the programming again just because of power outage.

Self-Installation not bad. There are several different standard home wiring configurations, and the instructions walk you through the common scenarios. Other reviewers suggest that day-time customer service is helpful on install questions.

Switching from manual to automated thermostat really does save money. I estimate 15% saving on heating and cooling across first year. Definitely paid for itself in first 6-months.