|Item Weight||15.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 9 x 2 inches|
|Item model number||RTH8500D|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Certification||Energy Saving Thermostat|
|Warranty Description||1 Year|
Honeywell RTH8500D 7-Day Touchscreen Programmable Thermostat
|Price:||$117.92 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$6.57 (5%)|
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Removal of existing thermostat
- Installation of 1 new thermostat
- Testing new thermostat for proper function
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Universal Application - works with conventional and heat pump systems up to 2H/2C, it's one thermostat for nearly every application
- Program is retained in memory in the event of a power outage Includes change reminders for filters and low batteries
- Separate programming for each day of the week - 4 periods per day
- Maximum comfort - Smart Response technology learns the amount of time a system needs to reach a desired temperature and adjusts accordingly
- Precise temperature control of +/-1 Degree for consistent comfort
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Honeywell RTH8500D 7-Day Touchscreen Programmable Thermostat
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Planet Stuff||HomePlumbing|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Touch screen 7 Day Programmable Thermostat — RTH8500D
• User-friendly interaction
• Large touchscreen display with backlight
• 7-day programming
Honeywell's touch screen 7-day programmable thermostat provides maximum flexibility for busy lifestyles. You set it up to adjust the temperature when you are away or asleep during times when you don't necessarily need to heat or cool your home to optimum comfort, and your heating and cooling equipment runs less. The RTH8500D features a green backlit touch screen interface with simplified programming and easy to follow text instead of symbols. Exclusive Honeywell Smart Response Technology continually adjusts the pre-heating/cooling of your home so you are comfortable at your programmed times. It also automatically determines if your home needs heating or cooling to provide maximum comfort. Universal compatibility means it works with virtually all system types.
- 7-Day Programming — allows separate programming for each day
- Display — straightforward display keeps operation and programming simple
- Backlit Display — easy-to-read, even in dimly lit rooms and hallways
- Smart Response Technology — continually adjust the pre-heating/cooling of your home so you are comfortable at your programmed times
- Filter Change Reminder — keep your heating/cooling system operating at peak performance
- Vacation Hold — option to adjust your program and have it automatically resume the normal settings in time for your return
- Permanent Day and Time — your settings are always maintained; even during a power outage
- Daylight Saving Time (optional) — adjusts the time automatically
- Compatible — with heating and cooling plus heat pump systems
- Does not work with electric baseboard heat (120-240 volts).
- 1-year limited warranty
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The Costco version for me is going back because it lacks the Vacation Hold feature. If you travel or not at home frequently, the Vacation Hold feature allows you to hold the temperature, say, at 50 degrees for 10 days while you take off for a ski trip. With this feature, once the timed Vacation Hold is over, the thermostat resumes it's normal programming schedule. So, when you arrive home, the house temperature is at a comfortable level.
The Costco version allows you to manually override the program schedule, however, you must manually remove the override as well. Therefore, when you arrive home from your ski trip, you come home to a cold house and you'll need to manually reset the thermostat and wait for the house to warm up. If this is not an important feature for you or you're are at home most of the time, go for the Costco version and save about $40.
Otherwise, the RTH8500D is an excellent unit that has worked quite well for me over the past several years.
UPDATE: We recently (May 2011) installed the RTH8500D in our bedroom.Read more ›
This model has practically every feature you could want in a standard thermostat. It's easy to install with a bit of careful reading and looks great on the wall. I like that you can set a temperature range (disabled by default; must set an advanced option to enable) and the unit will automatically switch between heat and cool to maintain the set range.
Each of the 7 days of the week is individually programmable with up to 4 events (wake, leave, return, sleep). It offers advanced hold modes: 1) hold override temperature until next program event; 2) hold override permanently until canceled; 3) "vacation hold" for a number of days before automatically resuming the normal program.
Another advanced feature is the "recovery" mode, where the unit learns how long it takes to heat/cool the living space and it can turn on the heater or air conditioner early so that it reaches the set temperature at the set time. Cheaper thermostats only turn on *at* the set time and then the temperature has to catch up to the program. This unit can anticipate your needs, so if you want it to be 75 degrees when you wake up at 7:35, set the wake-up event to 75 degrees at 7:35. It takes care of the rest.
Highly recommended! I have three of these in my home, one for each zone.
There are a couple of "if this...then that" instructions, but they're really well put. I did notice a poor rating on one of Honeywell's other thermostats because one purchaser didn't realize the difference between possibilities linked with "AND" vs. "OR". "And" means EACH MUST EXIST, "Or" means ONLY ONE OF THEM SHOULD EXIST. So, although the instructions are excellent, they must be read carefully before using the unit on a more complex system, such as a heat pump.
Only thing I'm not too happy about is the very short time the backlight stays on...barely five seconds. Unfortunately, in my house, the unit is mounted in an area with little natural or ambient light. I'm sure once the screen is totally familiar to me this won't matter much. But, learning the system and setting the various "System settings" takes reading along with the Installation Guide and the screen is constantly going black.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Goes through batteries pretty fast but the way it handles temps seems to be more efficient than the last thermostat I had. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Erik Weiman
I absolutely love this thermostat. It was very easy to install. I'm a single female and was able to install it without assistance. Read morePublished 13 days ago by R. Wilt
I love this thermostat. When I first bought my house last year, it came with an old circular, 'dial' thermostat, so that every time I wanted to change the setting, I had to go do... Read morePublished 13 days ago by Ginny L Brandt
This unit works great. Has definately kept my ac from constantly cutting on and off. Its more accuratePublished 16 days ago by simon poullath