|Item Weight||54.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||17.2 x 20 x 7.3 inches|
|Item model number||1104|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Included Components||2 Keys|
|Warranty Description||7 Year Limited Warranty|
Honeywell Safes & Door Locks – 1 Hour Fire Safe Waterproof Safe Box Chest with Carry Handle, Large, 1104
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||17.2 x 20 x 7.3 inches|
|Chamber width||14.8 Inches|
|Item Weight||54.3 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- MOLDED CHESTS – Honeywell waterproof fire-resistant chests are perfect for the safe storage of letter and legal documents, USB Flash Drives, DVDs, CDs and more. Secure peace of mind with these chests’ ability to protect your digital media and sensitive documents from fire and water damage. Chests are available with a handle or as a cabinet. For security measures, this box has a key lock system and a 7-year limited warranty with a Lifetime After-Fire Replacement Guarantee.
- FEATURES - This Fire Safe Box has a 1-Hour UL Fire protection rating for up to 1700°F and a 100-Hour waterproof seal that has been verified to keep contents dry, even when submerged 39 inches underwater. Important letter and legal size documents can both lie flat and be protected from fire and flood with this sturdy safe, attached with handle. Our Fireproof, Waterproof Safes are also perfect gifts to protect electronic media, personal documents, or valuables. The exterior dimensions are 7.3 in H x 20.0 in W x 17.2 in D.
- QUALITY MADE – As a Honeywell brand licensee, we have a responsibility to conduct ourselves with the highest levels of integrity in everything we do. This helps us sustain the credibility of the brand, maintain the strong reputation, and build on our track record of growth and performance. From the shop floor to the boardroom, all Honeywell licensees and representatives are held to the highest standard and we exceed all laws and regulations in the countries where we do business.
- SECURE - Honeywell Safes, Paper Shredders and Door Locks are manufactured and distributed exclusively by LH Licensed Products, Inc. These products provide security and safety for your important and irreplaceable documents and your most valuable personal possessions. We offer products that help deliver peace of mind by protecting your belongings against damage or loss in the event of fires, floods and other natural disasters as well as unauthorized intrusion and invasion of your home and office.
- TRUSTED COMPANY - The Honeywell trademark is licensed from Honeywell International Inc., a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. Technology from Honeywell International Inc. is in 150 million homes and 10 million buildings worldwide.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
An excellent fire resistant chest for the safe storage of letter and legal size documents, USB Flash Drives, DVD’s, CD’s and more. Also, A carry handle is also included and adds even more versatility to an already flexible product.
- Outer Dimensions: 7.34"H x 19.9"W x 17"D
- Interior Dimensions: 3.8"H x 14.8"W x 12"D
- Weight: 56 lbs
- Batteries Required: N
Honeywell 1104 Legal Size UL Rated 1-Hour Fire / Waterproof Fire Chest
The Honeywell Model 1104 Molded Fire/Water Chest features a storage capacity of .38 cubic feet. Secure unprecedented levels in peace of mind with this chest's ability to withstand a fire of up to 1550F for one hour! The addition of a waterproof seal and two side latches guards against emergency sprinklers, floods and various other forms of water damage. These features make it an ideal candidate for stashing all of your personal documents, digital media and various other valuables.
- Stores letter and legal paper flat
- 11 hour fire rating in a fire of up to 1550F
- Waterproof seal to keep contents dry
- Two side latches for added water protection & key lock
- Fits Letter, A4 and Legal Size Documents Flat
- Protects Paper Documents & Digital Media
|Honeywell Safes & Door Locks - 30 Minute Fire Safe Waterproof Safe Box||Honeywell Safes & Door Locks – 1 Hour Fire Safe Waterproof Safe Box||Honeywell Safes & Door Locks - 30 Minute Fire Safe Waterproof Filing Safe Box||Honeywell Safes & Door Locks 1112 Honeywell Safe Box||Honeywell Safes & Door Locks 1112W Honeywell Safe Box|
|Interior Dimensions||3.7 in h x 13.1 in W x 8.5 in D||3.8 H x 14.8 W x 12 D in.||10.1 H x 12.2 W x 8.5 D in.||13.4"H x 20.1"W x 16.9"D||13.4"H x 20.1"W x 16.9"D|
|Exterior Dimensions||6.6 in H x 16.0 in w x 12.6 in D||7.3 H x 20.0 W x 17.2 D in.||15.7 H x 16.9 W x 12.8 D in.||16.3 H x 20.3 W x 17.5 D in.||16.3 H x 20.3 W x 17.5 D in.|
|Capacity (Volume)||0.27 cubic ft.||0.39 cube ft.||0.6 cubic ft.||1.06 cubic ft.||1.06 cubic ft.|
|Weight||28 lbs.||40 lbs.||53 lbs.||84 lbs||84 lbs|
|Fireproof (Time)||30 mins.||60 mins.||30 mins.||60 mins.||60 mins.|
|Waterproof (Time)||100 hrs.||24 hrs.||24 hrs.||24 hrs.||24 hrs.|
This fire safe box has a 1-hour UL fire protection rating for up to 1700°f and a 100 hour waterproof seal that has been verified to keep contents dry, even when submerged 39 inches underwater. Important letter and legal-size documents can both lie flat and be protected from fire and flood with this sturdy safe, attached with handle. Our fireproof, waterproof safes are also perfect gifts for father’s day, Christmas or birthday gifts for those who need a file safe or a dorm safe to protect electronic media (USB drives, hard drives cd’s, mobile phones, dvd’s), personal documents, or valuables. The safe comes with an industry- the exterior dimensions are 7.3 in h x 20.0 in W x 17.2 in D. The interior dimensions are 3.8 in h x 14.8 in W x 12.0 in D. This chest weighs 54.3 lbs. LH licensed products, Inc. Leverages premium consumer brand power to deliver innovative solutions for unmet and emerging consumer needs around the world. Our products are currently available in over 70 countries across the globe. LH licensed products, Inc. Is the exclusive licensee and manufacturer of Honeywell safes, paper shredders and door locks. Our partner company, Lewis hyman Inc. Began in 1930 as a family window treatment business in new York city. Widely recognized for lifestyle product innovation, Lewis hyman Inc. Has established a tradition of quality and service, spanning three generations and over eighty years of expertise. use your gift card and search our other amazing products at our storefront..Material is made up of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
From the Manufacturer
Honeywell Model 1104 Molded Fire/Water Chest. 0.38-cubic feet interior storage capacity. This UL approved fire chest provides 1 hour of fire protection in a fire of up to 1550F. The waterproof seal and two side latches protects against emergency sprinklers or water damage. Holds both letter and legal size paper flat as well as USB Flash Drives, CDs, DVD's etc. Perfect for storing your important documents and valuables. Unique size configuration allows storage under a bed. Has a durable handle which allows for easy transport.
Packaging distressed, actual item is new
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First off, this thing is a beast. It is about 18" wide by 16" deep by 7" tall when lying flat. The box says it is 54 lbs "but actual weight may vary". UPS says it weighs 64 lbs! The inside depth is about 3.5", which seems adequate for our needs.
The chest comes with a little instruction manual and set of keys attached. I slipped the key in and it opened with no problem. The lid is heavy to open and feels solid. Inside was a large silica gel pack to prevent any moisture. The plastic latches do feel a little flimsy, but they latch tightly and securely. They are spring loaded so that they never fall forward in the way of the closing lid. When closing the lid, the hinges catch it at about 2" open and then it closes softly on its own to prevent pinching a finger.
The instructions say to air out the chest for 30 minutes each week to prevent moisture buildup. I purchased some 20g silica gel packs 20 Gram Pack of 10 "Dry&dry" Silica Gel Packets Desiccant Dehumidifiers to toss into the chest so I won't have to worry about moisture and airing it out.
One thing I would say is that if you're looking for a secure safe, this is not the product for you. The locking mechanism is just a thin hook. If you are looking for a rock solid fireproof and waterproof box for your important documents/electronics, then I believe this is the most versatile product out there.
On the other hand, this Honeywell legal sized one did not last, despite the better name brand and the more expensive price tag. As others have noted, the lock and key are of cheap construction and prone to damage. However, of more concern to me is the way in which this safe collects moisture. My basement is not damp by any means, and the two safes sit right next to each other, and while the other has remained bone dry, this Honeywell requires constant monitoring, airing out, and replacement of desiccant packs; or else the contents get soggy and moldy.
Cons: clumsy slamming lid, cheap lock and brittle plastic clasps. I broke one of the two keys and partially broke one of the plastic clasps on the first day. As another reviewer put it, the lock is somewhat of a joke, being a tad better than a little kid's diary lock. I broke both a key and one of the clasps in one swoop. The chest was on it's ege and tipped over on it's side, hitting the edge of a under-the-bed plastic storage container on the way down. I take credit for breaking the key as most keys would break under this force, but the clasp should have survived the fall. It's brittle plastic construction caused a part to chip off (compare pics of both clasps to see the part that broke), and now the lid won't close all the way unless I hold the clasp out of the way (as shown in another photo)
Tip on closing lid: Operating the lid takes special care. You need to make sure to open it all the way before closing the lid. Once the chest is fully open, gently let it down until you feel the hydraulics start to slow the lid's descent. This won't happen until the lid is 80% closed. As soon as the hydraulics take over get your fingers out of the way. That sucker is heavy. If you do not open the lid all the way and let go it will slam with force. There should really be finger holes on the side of the lid so you don't have to risk getting your fingers pinched.
All in all it seems like it will do what I need it to do, but the cheap peripheral parts knocked off a couple stars in my review.
Top reviews from other countries
I did a test with storing several unimportant documents for a eight weeks and found that the manufacturer’s warning to be spot-on: the case needs to be opened monthly to prevent trapped-moisture damage to papers. The test proved that three sheets of ink on a4 paper were slightly damaged: they had curled up and the ink handwriting had enlarged as the ink had ran. Test two involves adding a small silica gel bag, that I found inside the box containing my wife’s new leather handbag. If that fails, I’ll put the documents inside resealable clear plastic document wallets before putting them inside the Safe Chest.
Overall, I’m pleased that I’ll have something to protect my documents.
I had to collect mine from DPD's local distribution centre. Chap behind counter was not very happy with me - he nearly got a hernia!
Thank goodness I checked on the links on earlier reviews.
It would appear that under real life conditions most fire resistant bags are useless.
Please, before you buy a " fire resistant bag " check out real life reviews where they subject the bag to a real fire & not just the ones that hold a lighter up to the bag.
I hope that I never need this safe, but I have confidence that in a real fire situation it will protect my documents.