- Series: Honor and Obligation in Liberal Society: Problems and Prospects
- Hardcover: 326 pages
- Publisher: Lexington Books (August 3, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 149850261X
- ISBN-13: 978-1498502610
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 1.2 x 9.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#4,187,062 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #927 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > Cultural Policy
- #3941 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics & Citizenship
- #11031 in Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Honor in the Modern World: Interdisciplinary Perspectives (Honor and Obligation in Liberal Society: Problems and Prospects)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Discover what to read next through the Amazon Book Review. Learn more.
Honor in the Modern World: Interdisciplinary Perspectives is an extremely important work that is at the forefront of a larger reevaluation of honor—presenting it as a still-relevant and modern concept with global political, social, and moral implications. Featuring chapters by some of the field’s top scholars across several disciplines, this book advances the relevance of honor from the ancient world to the present day. Simply put, it makes the case that honor still matters from the battlefield to the boardroom to the classroom, and beyond. (Craig Smith, William Woods University)
After decades of neglect in moral philosophy, the topic of honor is starting to receive scholarly attention again—thanks in large part to the authors in this volume. The essays in this excellent collection tackle the thorny question of how honor can fit within the western liberal value system and offer compelling reasons for why we need to take honor seriously in today’s world. (Tamler Sommers, University of Houston)
About the Author
Laurie M. Johnson is professor of political science at Kansas State University.
Dan Demetriou is associate professor of philosophy at the University of Minnesota, Morris.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?