Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Our Honored Dead (Stephanie Chalice Thrillers Book 4)
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on October 7, 2012
OK, I've been waiting for the next book in the Chalice series for months now and let me tell you that Kelter did not disapoint with Our Honored Dead. I downloaded this before I left for the airport and was finished with it before I landed. There were so many twists and turns and yet again, Kelter leaves you guessing until the end. Chalice was at her best again trying to solve the next mystery. Her witty humor and smart alek comments just keep coming and coming. I already can't wait until the next installment. My only disappointment is that it will be months before the next one comes out. GREAT JOB AGAIN AND AGAIN KELTER!
on March 14, 2015
I have never written a review for any book, however I must share what I wrote Lawrence Kelter. I totally enjoy all of your books. However, when I started Our Honored Dead, I was not sure that I could get through it. My partner of 35 years died of a heart attack form the effects of Lung Cancer and It's treatments in August of last year. I was having a very difficult time understand why he was taken away at 67.

I did continue through the book. The way Nick Sonollio's suffering was handled with compassion and honesty. I found understanding and some closure.

I don't believe this author could write even an average book. I cannot wait for the next chapters in Stephanie's life.
on June 29, 2014
The only thing wrong with this book series is there isn't enough. I have enjoyed the four books and can't wait for more. Hurry please before I go into withdrawal. All of the characters in these books begin to feel like family the more you read. The loss of Captain Sonellio felt as though I had lost a personal friend. These books are written so beautifully I certainly am on pins and needles waiting for more! The honor is ours. Thank you.
on October 26, 2012
I love the Stephanie Chalice novels. They keep you interested from the first page to the last. There is humor, suspense, romance, friendship, and you feel one with the characters. I hate when the book ends. I have read all 4 and can't wait for #5.
44 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2012
This story takes place in New York, Staten Island etc. Four victims are murdered in a unique and special way. Stephanie & Gus are glad to be working on this case with their old friends, Mr. Kelter has a way of co-ordinating family humor and the love for fellow crime busters and still keep your interest in the Murders and the events leading up to the crime. Trying to figure out why the killer did what he did kept me up nights. Not complaining, just saying, There is a lot of suspense, and grisly people, a little scary. The end really took me by surprise. I never would have thought the story would end the way it did. I have read all 4 Stephanie Chalice Mysteries and am looking forward to #5,
on December 14, 2012
The author undoubtedly has a gift for storytelling. However, I had a psychological barrier reading a novel by a male who is writing as a `first person' female. The female lead character would make remarks and disclose `feelings' that made me pause and think: "Hang on that's actually a guy saying that"!
There's a bit too much irrelevant 'filler' which does not advance the story - it's annoying and just makes for a longer book. There are a few occasions, even between paragraphs, when the time-frame just does not gel.
The overall premise of the `villain's' rationale does not really crystallize and the final explanation seems cobbled together.
Still - gave it ****!
on October 9, 2015
Chalice and her partner/and lover Gus Lido were assigned to desk duty when she became pregnant.. But bodies keep turning up on Staten Island. Then a family of four are murdered in their home.
Her former chief is dying of cancer and there are no clues to any of the deaths.
This I think is the best of the Chalice series, I hope there are many more, besides I want to know if the baby is a boy or a girl!!
on May 11, 2016
This book was too die for FABULOUS. I laughed and I cried. I read with eager anticipation each and every page to see what would happen next. The conclusion totally blew my mind because it was so unbelievably unexpected. WOW. Read this book you'll love it.
on September 11, 2014
Another great read. Kelter has a gift when writing these books about Stephanie. He puts himself in her shoes which makes for some fun reading. Going to buy his 5th book have read the first 4. keep up the good work.
on May 18, 2016
The story line was good but I had trouble keeping up with all the characters. A little too much talk of food and Stephanie lusting after Nigel. I have read others in this series that I liked better. I will keep reading if Mr.Kelter keeps writing. Good author.