Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on November 3, 2014
The product is great! I don't see any drop in transfer speeds from having my memory card reader and external hard drive dock plugged directly into my USB 3.0 PCI card than when I have them plugged onto this USB 3.0 hub. I did a few non-official speed tests copying files to and from my external hard drive to an internal hard drive on my computer and I'm getting about 42 mb/s write speed and 60 mb/s read speed, and these speeds are probably just the limitations of my hard drive as this was the same speeds I got when I plugged the hard drive directly into the USB 3.0 PCI card.

The device does add convenience now that I have 7 ports on my desk instead of 2 ports on the back of my computer, however the product does have a few cons, but I'm not going to take off some stars as it was as described and shown. The device does have quite some weight to it so it will stay put, but I wish they had stuck some rubber feet on the bottom to further help it not slide around the desk and also help not scratch up the bottom of the device. Also I wish the manufacturer should have used some other colored LED than blue, because having too much blue light is linked with depression and other negative psychological and physical health effects. The manufacturer should have chose a different color, however the blue does look pretty cool nonetheless. Also the manufacturer could have added some screw mounting holes for mounting this thing on the wall as it does take up quite some space on the desk. All these cons are pretty tiny and I would get another one any day if I needed another hub.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2014
The hub certainly works as intended. It is clean looking and compact. So from a functional standpoint, it works great. My only complaints are from its design. The base is rather slick and it slides around on my desk. It doesn't seem like a problem until you start plugging and unplugging things from it. The hub is extremely lightweight and simply pushing down a kink in a cable with move it across the desk. Another problem is that the ports are lined up flat, or horizontally on the side. Although there is enough room between them, it would seem more natural to me to line them up vertically so you could grip them better. These should not be deal breakers, but something to consider. I believe some of the other HooToo models have the vertically aligned ports, but I think they are on top and not on the side...they were also a bit more expensive. Either way, the weight of the cables or flashdrives will cause this thing to tip.

The real problem I have is with the USB male A connector that goes into my laptop. It fits in rather loosely and if bumped slightly it often disconnects whatever is plugged into it. Other USB cables fit tightly into my laptop and do not wiggle; this one does--a lot. I will have to try it with another 3.0 USB cable and see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, it works well.
on May 19, 2014
I have used this 7-Port Hub for over a week now, with 4 portable self powered USB3 HD devices plugged in continuously. There are 3-1TB and 1-2TB Western Digital drives. I have been updating data (pictures) between my laptop and the various HD devices. I take about 10,000 pictures a year, of family and friends and 'vacation trip' pictures and keep the 10 or so HD's that I own in sync with my laptop. I distribute 3 of the HD's to my kids for backup purposes. I love this powered hub from Hoo Too because it lets me connect more than 2 devices at once and just leave them hooked up on my end table until my sync'ing is completed. I did purchase a 6-foot USB 3 cable (Cable Matters 2 pack from Amazon) to give me the flexibility of moving my laptop around a bit and not have to move the Hoo Too and its' connected HD's. Great USB3 powered hub!! BTW, I also have another brand of self powered Hub that did not even allow me to plug in 2 of my WD HD's. Perhaps that is why I love my Hoo Too!! It Works!!
on March 29, 2014
My newish computer's USB ports are not easy to access, they're a bit too close together vertically for me. The motherboard has both 2.0 and 3.0 ports. 2.0 in the back, 3.0 in the front. The one odd thing is when I plugged this into a front 3.0 USB it came up as a 2.0 hub; when I shut down, unplugged, restarted and then plugged this into the back 2.0 USB the PC re-installed and showed up as installing 2.0 and 3.0 drivers.

It sits flat on top of the PC which is great, don't have to worry about it falling over. The USB connector cable is thick, like thicker than my USB printer cable even. The AC cord? very thin and it is 2 parts with a small brick in the middle. Port in use lights up, light goes out when whatever's plugged in is turned off/removed.

I can tell you it works fine with a Canon MG2220 all in one printer plugged into it (3.0) and an older iHome mylife webcam plugged into it (2.0).

This works ... and it frees my front PC USB ports for my external HDD and flash drives.

EDIT: I'm way out of replacement unfortunately. I bought 2 of these for 2 different PCs. BOTH have died. Have gone through the every now and then stops working, but usually a reboot picks it back up, it lights up and works. And then comes the day you get the 'bubble' saying PC can't "find" unknown device, have tried every USB on both PCs. While it works it works ... and then it just up and kicks the proverbial bucket. NOT amused. It's no wonder it's no longer available if this is what it does.
on July 31, 2013
Well, as the reviews state, this is a phenomenal product. I've got an XPS 15 laptop and it really is lacking with only 3 usb ports. This baby was just the ticket to increased file sorting & maneuverability and desk organization. There are several features that make it stand out as being top of the line.
-Lengthy connector usb cable means you can position the 7-port hub up to 2 feet from your computer.
-Each of the 7 hubs lightup upon use, and likewise when disconnecting, each usb device is clearly labeled from each other, no need to disconnect the whole device
-USB 3.0.... what else can I say?! Lightning fast!
-Separate power cable ensures steady supply of power for long and huge file transfers.

So far I've done multiple transfers of over 200gb between 5 different drives at once. I have yet to try it with more than that, but so far it's worked quite well. At times there was a slight lag time in the mouse cursor movements on my screen during large transfers, and I attribute that purely to my computing/processing power, but as I said, the device works quite well, and so far has exceeded expectations.

I'll update if there are any future problems. Thanks!
on August 31, 2014
Very happy with this USB 3.0 HUB!

Not only is it convenient to be able to have more 3.0 ports than the few on the back of most pc's, but you can actually have quick and painless access to them!

Speeds are quite reasonable even when you load up sever 3.0 thumb drives considering its all going through one 3.0 port.

When you plug any USB into it, you get the nice clean blue LED lighting around the port which is some nice eye candy.

The unit is powered by an ac adapter which I feel is a must for any USB hub.

If you're considering going with 4 port size, I would recommend the 7 at least. May seem like over kill but the size of these are so compact that you'd barely notice any real estate being sacrificed. And of course you get the stability of its own AC adapter for power.
on November 6, 2014
This product is amazing. I use a lot of external things for my macbook that eat up the USB ports and being limited to 2 makes it hard to switch between them when I need more than 2 things hooked up. It gives great speed to my USB 3.0 external drives and sticks as well enough power to run a Razer Chroms keyboard and any mouse. The only reason I am giving this 4 stars and not 5 is because the shiny plastic on the top is prone to scratching. I got a figure print on it and my microfiber cloth (which I use on a retina screen) scratched the plastic. I know it was not the cloth because I use them on my computer screens and glasses and replace them every use. Outside of that one thing this product is well worth the cost. I bought a second one to use for my other computers.
on April 14, 2015
I bought this during the holidays (after being satisfied with a 4 port USB power hub), but didn't get around to trying it until now. Turns out the unit I received was DOA. Learned my lesson to try out. I plugged in the power and tried it on two different computers. No luck. After plugging in the power brick, I see the LEDs light up briefly and then go out. Also, the description says the housing is aluminum. It feels like plastic, not metal. Would not recommend this product!

EDIT: Contacted HooToo about the hub not working. They promptly send me a newer model that seems to work much better now. Bumping up one more star for excellent customer support, but original hub was still bad.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2014
I purchased this device based on the review with the video. As originally stated, this item worked beautifully for one year. No power issues, complete transfers between laptop and portable hard drives, and easy access to all my USB devices at home - Laptop, Samsung TV, mobile phones, etc.

Unfortunately, the USB 3.0 cable stopped working this week. For some reason, the connectivity between Laptop and USB Hub stopped working. I tried using other 3.0 USB cords; however, I did not have one that has the USB Adapter to the actual hub. The USB to the laptop looks like a normal 2.0 & 1.1 adapter.

Now it is time to purchase another USB Hub with a higher number of 5 star ratings.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2014
I have a laptop with one single USB 3.0 port, so this hub has made connecting my external hard drives much easier. However, I haven't been able to get it to work with either of my hard-wired or wireless mice. I'm running Debian Linux (Jessie), but that shouldn't be an issue since the mice work perfectly fine in the USB 3.0 port by themselves.

Another reason for deducting a star is due to the lack of any grippy surface on the bottom of the hub. You can obviously attach your own, but it would be nice to have it on there to begin with. As-is, any slight tension on any of the cables connected to it will cause it to slide around.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.